• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Darkademic

Darkademic
  • – Enigmatic Overlord –

• 4,971 posts
  • Short Name:Dark

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:17 pm

Earlier today I added the "Top X Stats" at the top of the forum index - this just gives a nice overview of everything, and provides easy access to the most recent posts and most popular threads.

I also added the "Members Online Today" feature at the bottom, and made pinned threads more visible by changing their background colour.

darkademic_thin_sig.png
Рациональный разум. Военачальник Загадочных Призраков.

#2 Sigyn

Sigyn
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 244 posts
  • Short Name:Rob

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:50 pm

Would it be possible to add in links to skills in gw2 ? so if we did say [heartseeker] it would turn itself into a mouse over link to show the info about the skill and a click to take you to the wiki.

I'm thinking that it is possible to do since people do it with the skills/items from wow linked to the wowhead database.

hope that all made sense :P

0SF5Hod.png

#3 ZeCooL

ZeCooL
  • [DkR] Clan Member (Inactive)
  • 373 posts
  • Short Name:ZeCooL

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:12 pm

As you mentioned it needs a database with an API which can be integrated into the header of our site.

There is no such database for GW2 at the moment. As soon there is one, it will as easy as eating cake to implement it here.

#4 Sigyn

Sigyn
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:27 pm

I thought there was one already with the skills on it? since people are making the talent builders so they must be linking the abilities from somewhere rather than just making every one themselves

0SF5Hod.png

#5 Darkademic

Darkademic
  • – Enigmatic Overlord –

• 4,971 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:40 pm

I thought there was one already with the skills on it? since people are making the talent builders so they must be linking the abilities from somewhere rather than just making every one themselves

Nope, they're entering them all themselves. :)

darkademic_thin_sig.png

#6 Sigyn

Sigyn
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:56 pm

A Database setup for GW2. It is in no way complete most items on there either don't have values or have placeholder values at the moment. Hopefully this will be updated with information gathered from the beta and mined from the game files.

http://www.gw2db.com/

Edited by Sigyn, 01 May 2012 - 04:00 pm.

0SF5Hod.png

#7 ReaverMage

ReaverMage
  • 1,178 posts
  • Short Name:Mike

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:31 pm

I seem to recall curse and gw2 guru said something about a database, but I'm not 100% sure...

Posted Image

Grinning at your demise

#8 Darkademic

Darkademic
  • – Enigmatic Overlord –

• 4,971 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:33 pm

Yeah GW2DB is their database.

darkademic_thin_sig.png

#9 ReaverMage

ReaverMage
  • 1,178 posts
  • Short Name:Mike

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:52 pm

ah ok that makes sense :D

Posted Image

Grinning at your demise

#10 Doriq

Doriq
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 170 posts
  • Short Name:Angel.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:31 pm

I mentioned in at the music thread too.

If possible we should get a ... addition since in my use of Forums i find it extremely usefull and helpfull when you start to link a lot of Youtube videos (which i assume we will as soon as we start publishing DkR videos out there)
"Been playing Warrior-like classes in games for over a decade."
Posted Image

#11 Sigyn

Sigyn
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:08 am

While going through the massive topic i posted in music and adding even more youtube videos to it -.- I was wondering if it would be possible to get an addon for posting mp3s to the forum ? something like the really simple flash coding you can get for wordpress/blogspot etc

so if you had the mp3 uploaded you could just link the file and it would put in a slim player http://www.themusicn...y-original-mix/ see how their player is.

I just thought of this cause of the amount of space and the limit on 5 videos per post it would be nice if it could be all nice and concise for someone to see.

0SF5Hod.png

#12 Darkademic

Darkademic
  • – Enigmatic Overlord –

• 4,971 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:12 am

While going through the massive topic i posted in music and adding even more youtube videos to it -.- I was wondering if it would be possible to get an addon for posting mp3s to the forum ? something like the really simple flash coding you can get for wordpress/blogspot etc

so if you had the mp3 uploaded you could just link the file and it would put in a slim player http://www.themusicn...y-original-mix/ see how their player is.

I just thought of this cause of the amount of space and the limit on 5 videos per post it would be nice if it could be all nice and concise for someone to see.

Yea there's already an mp3 player, I used it here: http://www.darkreave...heme-music-2012

You just enclose the path to the mp3 in the [ media ] tags. It'll still have the 5 item limit though - I'm not sure if it's possible to make separate limits for videos and music.

darkademic_thin_sig.png

#13 Sigyn

Sigyn
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:57 am

ah cool :) is there any way to get it to show the artist + track name by default do you know ? If it ends up being to annoying I'll just start my website again and get people to go there rather than taking up loads of space on the forums in a cluttered shit way :P

0SF5Hod.png

#14 cuvelier

cuvelier
  • 228 posts
  • Short Name:Cuv

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:28 am

Hello.

Firstly. Good site. Great work. I really, really like it.

I know I'm still an initiate and what-not, but it did cross my mind that maybe some event type calendar people can add things to each day. So you might want to see if you can get people to signup for some TPvP you can just create a new event for 6pm the following day, and just set the max attendants, ect ect. Anyway, just a thought.

Adios.

Owain

Delusions of grandeur. Just talkin' shit - 24/7

#15 cuvelier

cuvelier
  • 228 posts
  • Short Name:Cuv

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:31 am

I know double posting is wrong but I just cant stop myself!

Another thing. Last.fm have a decent API for tracks your listening to for those who use Grooveshark or Spotifiy. They might support more.

You'd be able to setup a nice feed of who's listening to what and when.

Delusions of grandeur. Just talkin' shit - 24/7

#16 Damo

Damo
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,024 posts
  • Short Name:Damo pronounced Day-mow

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:54 am

Hello.

Firstly. Good site. Great work. I really, really like it.

I know I'm still an initiate and what-not, but it did cross my mind that maybe some event type calendar people can add things to each day. So you might want to see if you can get people to signup for some TPvP you can just create a new event for 6pm the following day, and just set the max attendants, ect ect. Anyway, just a thought.

Adios.

Owain

Hello and welcome to DkR.
On the main site there is a scheduler for people to set up events already in place. Found here. Not much happening atm but it does get used. You need to sign into the main site to be able to sign up to events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users