• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ryaaf

Ryaaf
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 119 posts
  • Short Name:Rad

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:10 pm

So i just read this up while i was looking for news / place to pre-order a gtx 1070 lol (which costs errm 160+ euros more).

AMD promises to deliver "premium VR experience" with this card, and be over gtx 970 and just below or at par with gtx 980.

So, worry-free maxing i guess of any game @ 1080p, and high settings for 2K resolution.

I presume that the pricetag will make a huge impact, and not just in poor/emerging economy countries.

Worldwide launch is set for June 26th or something, anyway you can find online all the details, this was announced 2 days ago and since i was busy i did not check any news/websites, so this is new at least to me.

#2 SonicTHI

SonicTHI
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 266 posts
  • Short Name:Sonic

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:47 pm

I probably still wouldnt buy an AMD card but hopefully it is good enough to lower nvidias absurd prices.

GFX cards are currently the most expensive and fastest aging PC component. Probably also one of the first to die/have problems with fans etc.

Looking forward to actual specs and benchmarks for this.

#3 Ryaaf

Ryaaf
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:53 am

In my case i had bad experiences with both brands so I'm equidistant in loving/hating them.

The full reveal/exact specs come on the 26th, although the web is filled with footage from games like the recent DOOM Remake (man i want to play that, reminds me of the mid-90's so much, which was the best period -> off-topic here, i lived in the 2000,2010's and before the mid 90s but people were more free in spirit/more outgoing and looking for fun, fact which was reflected in my favorite genre - Eurodance <- off-topic ending here).

Now, for my full-hd monitor it makes perfect sense to buy it, even if i upgrade my monitor to 2K/4K i can Crossfire.

Only persons that say 199 euro for that amount of performance (with Crossfire potential) are persons that think the rule of "more expensive the better" like i saw Jayz 2 cents or w/e his name is, a hardware enthusiast on youtube with a large crowd of followers.

Personally, if i would be Nvidia staff of hardcore fan, i would do what Nvidia does - which is to keep some silence and play the waiting game, as their product is released and sold worldwide at this time, while thinking of strategies for June 26th.

#4 Ryaaf

Ryaaf
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:10 pm

Some points being made here by a smart observer about the possible upcoming of a 1060 gtx -  (i only watched till 4:00).

#5 Azerra

Azerra
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 639 posts
  • Short Name:Az

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:08 pm

Just waiting for more benchmarks from AMD, myself.

Bit iffy with crossfire. All in all, the 1070 will be more powerful, but the cost between the two will be a big factor.

Edited by Azerra, 07 June 2016 - 02:09 pm.

#6 Ryaaf

Ryaaf
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:10 am

Yea sorry, the performance is lower than what the 1070 offers, by a good margin; the 1060 should be the answer from nvidia, but like they say in the video, the 1070 and 1080 have a different target audience.

And it seems that the 480x will power the new ps4.5/new xbox, which runs the same software as the old ones, but has 4K/VR support, for sure this must be true, i mean the apu in the current ps4 barely runs the games as is, no way in hell it will run a full-featured game on their VR headset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users