• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Vistix

Vistix
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 485 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:05 pm

Hey Guys

I have an honest question from an outsider on UK politics. What is going on in the UK politics atm?

Today we saw in the news that Nigel Farrage has resigned as the leader of UKIP. Earlier we learned that Boris Johnson stepped down from running for party leadership and PM. I was discussing this with a couple of coleagues and we were baffled. I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind it all and I just can't connect the dots so to speak. It doesn't make sense to make everyone vote for your policies and then don't execute them yourself. Hope I'm not stirring the hornets nest.

#2 Monkeypooh

Monkeypooh
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 649 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:10 pm

IF u lead your people to the promised land u don't have to stay to watch them eat ..

ohhh listening to puccini ...

#3 Vistix

Vistix
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 485 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:27 pm

IF u lead your people to the promised land u don't have to stay to watch them eat ..

ohhh listening to puccini ...

Well that's quite rude in some parts of the world :)

Turandot?

#4 Darkademic

Darkademic
  • – Enigmatic Overlord –

• 4,971 posts
  • Short Name:Dark

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:25 pm

Hey Guys

I have an honest question from an outsider on UK politics. What is going on in the UK politics atm?

Today we saw in the news that Nigel Farrage has resigned as the leader of UKIP. Earlier we learned that Boris Johnson stepped down from running for party leadership and PM. I was discussing this with a couple of coleagues and we were baffled. I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind it all and I just can't connect the dots so to speak. It doesn't make sense to make everyone vote for your policies and then don't execute them yourself. Hope I'm not stirring the hornets nest.

Farage's whole reason for being in politics was to get the UK out of the EU. He's accomplished that, so he's stepping down. UKIP has 1 seat in the House of Commons, so it's not like Farage or UKIP would've had any say over any government policy.

Boris Johnson seems to have been the victim of some political manoeuvring and has been pressured not to run. I didn't really pay attention to the campaigns for remain/leave, so I don't know how much Boris implied he'd be running for PM, but there's a huge difference between campaigning to leave the EU and being the head of the government, so it's not like the former obliges you to run for the latter.

darkademic_thin_sig.png
Рациональный разум. Военачальник Загадочных Призраков.

#5 Mitch

Mitch
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 298 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:29 pm

I've seen this as a theory on the whole Boris thing. Just a theory though!

#6 Vistix

Vistix
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 485 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:14 pm

Farage's whole reason for being in politics was to get the UK out of the EU. He's accomplished that, so he's stepping down. UKIP has 1 seat in the House of Commons, so it's not like Farage or UKIP would've had any say over any government policy.

Boris Johnson seems to have been the victim of some political manoeuvring and has been pressured not to run. I didn't really pay attention to the campaigns for remain/leave, so I don't know how much Boris implied he'd be running for PM, but there's a huge difference between campaigning to leave the EU and being the head of the government, so it's not like the former obliges you to run for the latter.

Hmm might be some incomplete or bad reporting on part of our domestic news agengies then. I shall have a look at some more British sources. Still all seems thoroughly confusing. In my mind the former does more or less obligates one to the latter. As I feel strongly for lead by example and as such if one is the strongest proponent of an idea one needs to be ready to lead people when they call on you or they rally behind you for the idea you campaigned for. Anyways hope everything works out for the best, moreover don't take to long. I think if takes to long (whole excuting article 50) EU will lose it patience and good economic deals will only be harder to make. And those deals will be sorely needed by both parties.

#7 Aumento

Aumento
  • [DkR] Clan Member (Inactive)
  • 606 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:20 pm

Basically they led us out then left us with the Most hated Secretary of State for Education ever Michael Gove and THAT women. What a shit shower to choose from.

#8 Toglos

Toglos
  • Banned
  • 2,588 posts
  • Short Name:Tog

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:51 am

Basically they led us out then left us with the Most hated Secretary of State for Education ever Michael Gove and THAT women. What a shit shower to choose from.

Haha, shit shower. . .

Posted Image

#9 Wookybear

Wookybear
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,387 posts
  • Short Name:Wooky

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:21 pm

Haha, shit shower. . .

The wanderer returns!

bzTsWyk.png

#10 Toglos

Toglos
  • Banned
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:44 am

Well, I just had the urge to write something after reading all of that closed topic you lot had.

A leave will be better in the long run.

Drama, spoilt brats... it's expected. Sit back and watch the circus.

Posted Image

#11 blackice8r

blackice8r
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 578 posts
  • Short Name:Raz

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:50 pm

to me it looks like they wanted some attention, found a cause and started blabbing about it, won the fight - were surprised by the fact they won, had NOTHING PLANNED IN CASE THEY WON, and now fucked-off

the "IF u lead your people to the promised land u don't have to stay to watch them eat .." looks more like "oh shit, I was bluffing, you guys are fucked, I'm off"

yup, strong words , by I stand by them, UK is fucked - short term. it's huge task breaking from the EU and renegotiating all the treaties, coming up with new laws etc. (might be even harder if EU wants to make an example of UK...)

who is going to do that? when are they going to start? how long is going to take? will they do it in time? (2 years)

Is it going to be better long lerm? No one knows, but let's hope so, or this was all a big mistake. How it came to this? well because " a pig fucker called for a vote,a buss had some bullshit written on it, and then two idiots named Nigel and Boris quote president Bill Pullman" @4'30" https://youtu.be/VEALC1z3QG8

ohhh and let's not bring Scotland into the mix, let's see whats gonna happen there

to me it looks like all the parties that caused this mess are trying to bail.

I'm a Romanian that's been living in UK for 11 years now, I'm not pissed off because UK leaves EU ( it doesn't affect my stay here), I'm pissed off because they destabilised a country that is now my home.

Juncker is a funny character but he speaks his mind and I tend to agree with him https://youtu.be/FmaVWpQggYU

"Patriots don’t resign when things get difficult, they stay"

Edited by blackice8r, 06 July 2016 - 03:07 pm.

#12 Toglos

Toglos
  • Banned
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:46 am

Destablized, in every, way, possible.

It was always going to get a lot worse, before it gets better. Not just for the Uk.

Big things are happening.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users