• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Aumento

Aumento
  • [DkR] Clan Member (Inactive)
  • 606 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:37 pm

Hi all

Looking to buy a new mouse and looking for your knowledge etc.

I want to spend between £40 and £50.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

#2 Donkzy

Donkzy
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:14 pm

I love my G600 many many buttons. Never have to shift / alt / control modify numbers keys again with 1 hand. I still use the modifiers but very easy to press buttons on the side of mouse with right hand thumb. Wont be for everyone but i like. You'd probabilly have to shop around tho.

Enjoy Yourself

Olive Oil ain't no virgin ;)

#3 spanxie

spanxie
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 727 posts
  • Short Name:Spanx

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:39 pm

Mento I just made the transition from normal gaming mouse to Razor Naga. Took some work and was horrible when first using it. But I would never like to go back now, took about two weeks of cursing and missing skills, just starting to get hang of it now after 3 weeks. I also have shift modifers etc for extra skills. Once set up its working really great. I think you may need to increase budget a little bud, get something nice. mouse always very personal and what suits one gamer wont suit another. 

Happy shopping :)

#4 Diacarb

Diacarb
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:53 pm

I have just bought this and am finding it very good so far

https://www.amazon.c...g/dp/B00FNKMVUO

#5 Aumento

Aumento
  • 606 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:48 pm

Thanks Chaps.  Will take a look see at these. 

Spanx i think that's a little out of my range if the wife sees she'll want a weekends shopping somewhere lol!!

#6 Kansalis

Kansalis
  • – Head of BDO Chapter –

• 404 posts
  • Short Name:Kans

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:03 pm

That Venus mouse has the same layout for the buttons as the G600 (pretty cheeky ripoff if you ask me! :) ). I don't like the Naga because the thumb buttons are all flush with the mouse. On the G600 they have that angled layout so it's much easier to feel what you're pressing. The G600 is definitely the best mouse I've had.

Edited by Kansalis, 26 September 2016 - 08:03 pm.

#7 nidriks

nidriks
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:02 am

Can you stretch to £70? I have a Corsair Scimitar and it's my favourite 12-button mouse so far. I've had Nagas in the past, and whilst they're nice mice to use I do find them to be a little flimsy. The scimitar is nice and sturdy, but I do have to program the number keys, rather than them already being mapped to 1-10 (and -/+) with the Naga. That's a small nuisance. The best thing about the scimitar (other than its great name) is that you can alter the position of the number pad, so it can fit a whole range of hand sizes. It's been a little problematic in the software areas though - had the whole lot crash on me in a game once (that was awkward, when you're used to so much mouse use). Not done that for a good while.

All depends how keen you are on a MMO focused mouse. I think you are limiting your options with £40 to £50, but I understand everyone has limits.

Donkzy's G600 got a good recommendation on this poll though. White one for £40 on Amazon. I do like my scimitar though. Love the colour changes.

I'm not too knowledgeable on non-MMO mice. I do have a Logitech G502. It was a nice mouse, with addable weights. I bought it to replace my second broken Naga but missed all the extra buttons. Roccat is a make I've heard a lot of good stuff about.

Be careful what you buy on Amazon. There are a lot of cheap Chinese manufacturers on there that sell mice that look good but will turn out to be a pile of crap.

Edited by nidriks, 27 September 2016 - 10:11 am.

#8 Fozzies

Fozzies
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 450 posts
  • Short Name:Foz

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:27 pm

Thanks Chaps.  Will take a look see at these. 

Spanx i think that's a little out of my range if the wife sees she'll want a weekends shopping somewhere lol!!

Had my naga 2014 since mid 2014, great mouse, great software, no issues with it other than i have to blow dust out of the scroll wheel from time to time. Its worth a weekend shopping trip to Rome imo

#9 Slix

Slix
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 48 posts
  • Short Name:Slix

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:50 pm

Big fan of my Logitech G600, bought it during Wildstar time and worked amazing in those high-movement encounters. Recommended..

Edited by Slix, 27 September 2016 - 12:51 pm.

#10 blackice8r

blackice8r
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 578 posts
  • Short Name:Raz

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:05 pm

Hi all

Looking to buy a new mouse and looking for your knowledge etc.

I'll give u one for free mate! :P Out of the blue they seem to have invaded my flat! :D

On a serious note, it depends on your grip (palm, claw, hybrid)  the size of you hand and what you want it for

I have a G600 gathering dust - good for MMOs , average/bad for shooters as it's a fat mouse , a bit big for may hands

I use a SteelSeries Sensei RAW as I play mostly shooters these days. I have small hands and a palm grip, the RAW version has a rubber exterior

If you are into shooters I recommend a hard mouse pad (SteelSeeries has a decent one)  and teflon feet on your mouse (just buy some adhesive teflon and cut/apply)

Not a a lot of ppl mention it but a Mouse Bungee is something you should consider.

Edited by blackice8r, 27 September 2016 - 01:14 pm.

#11 Mitch

Mitch
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 298 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:29 pm

Got the same SS Sensei blackice, very good mouse!

#12 Aumento

Aumento
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:49 am

Thanks Everyone :) 

#13 DiBBz

DiBBz
  • – Lieutenant –

• 381 posts
  • Short Name:Conor

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:45 pm

Perixx MX-2000IIB

i find the new upgraded version to be very good. and they have fixed the scroll wheel problem that was in the last version of the mouse

Posted Image

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. (-Lao Tzu-)

#14 Chuey

Chuey
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:21 pm

Got this a while back (took some advice from everyone here)

http://gaming.logite...gb-gaming-mouse

Going from trackball to mouse was difficult but I love this thing.

#15 Eridan

Eridan
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:55 am

Red dragon mmo mouse. Almost as good as the naga I had before less than half the price (£25). Had it for over a year now. Left button is actually holding up better than the naga's did so maybe better than the naga?

https://www.amazon.c...g/dp/B00GXFDDL4

Only draw back over a razer is the software doesn't support quite as fancy macroing (things like repeat x times) but I'm not currently using any fancy macro's at all.

I think they do a 6 button 'Hex' style one as well but I'm not finding a link.

#16 ShaLLByte

ShaLLByte
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:24 am

Red dragon mmo mouse. Almost as good as the naga I had before less than half the price (£25). Had it for over a year now. Left button is actually holding up better than the naga's did so maybe better than the naga?

https://www.amazon.c...g/dp/B00GXFDDL4

Only draw back over a razer is the software doesn't support quite as fancy macroing (things like repeat x times) but I'm not currently using any fancy macro's at all.

I think they do a 6 button 'Hex' style one as well but I'm not finding a link.

Yeah its a good mouse my wife has that one. I have the Razer naga 2016 which I bought after the original Naga. Best mouse I have owned so far and I have used them all! Went though buying a load from Amazon including - G600, MMO7, a Rokat (forget the name), Steel series mmo and settled on the Naga 2016. The thumb buttons are mechanical switches which makes them feel very good. All those buttons are a must for any MMORPG

My next mouse will be the same as this one but the Chroma version.

ShaLLByte

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users