Photo
Important

Potential MMOs for [DkR] (Poll)

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: Potential MMOs 2017-18 (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following are you interested in playing?

1. Albion Online (9 votes [7.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.89%

2. Ashes of Creation (23 votes [20.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.18%

3. Bless (8 votes [7.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

4. Camelot Unchained (11 votes [9.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.65%

5. Crowfall (16 votes [14.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.04%

6. Lost Ark (7 votes [6.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.14%

7. Revelation Online (11 votes [9.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.65%

8. Star Citizen (18 votes [15.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

9. The Exiled (4 votes [3.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.51%

10. Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen (7 votes [6.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#33 Donkzy

Donkzy
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

http://www.pcgamer.c...l-game-preview/

Especially the stuff about the roles for each player.

Survival/crafting/relic hunting for the war effort. Wizards that create portals to other dimensions to help traverse the map which also have their own resources and strategic points of interest!

From what i gather its a survival game foremost, where you build up a base and level / get better character wise. Once a week at your factions choosing a shield will drop around a stone and massive battles ensue. If a faction wins then new map is made. Player progresion contunued?
Not sure where the lol / moba come in to it that much. its only 20 ppl per faction online at a time and theres lots of stuff to do and strong npc to deal with.
I think that's about right if so sounds really really good :-)
We have quite a few who play a lot of rust ark and others. I reckon if this plays as well as it looks we could get 20 ish ppl to pretty much run a full faction. Any more than 20 they may not all be able to get on. Take a looksy guys this could be really good game

Edited by Donkzy, 14 March 2017 - 06:18 PM.

Enjoy Yourself

Olive Oil ain't no virgin ;)

#34 OneManBand

OneManBand
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

From what i gather its a survival game foremost, where you build up a base and level / get better character wise. Once a week at your factions choosing a shield will drop around a stone and massive battles ensue. If a faction wins then new map is made. Player progresion contunued?
Not sure where the lol / moba come in to it that much. its only 20 ppl per faction online at a time and theres lots of stuff to do and strong npc to deal with.
I think that's about right if so sounds really really good :-)
We have quite a few who play a lot of rust ark and others. I reckon if this plays as well as it looks we could get 20 ish ppl to pretty much run a full faction. Any more than 20 they may not all be able to get on. Take a looksy guys this could be really good game

Yes Donkz! Sounds like the "tower defense" type creeps keep coming and theres always npcs to farm and that so maybe that's where the LOL thing comes from. I love the sound of this game, really progressive and genre breaking. I'm a sucker for the hype though and i really hope it doesnt fall over...

What you playing mainly now donkz? I miss knocking about with you :)

I got a new RX 480 recently so been testing its limits at the moment, witcher 3 and hitman on ultra uuuuuuuhhhhgggguuuuuuhhhhh

Spent 50 hours playing civ 6 learning all its mechanics and still havent finished a full game!

Playing Overwatch still, be great to see you guys come back. Even friday night drunken quick play is still a blast, no serious, just funsies.

#35 Donkzy

Donkzy
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:25 PM

What you playing mainly now donkz? I miss knocking about with you :)

I got a new RX 480 recently so been testing its limits at the moment, witcher 3 and hitman on ultra uuuuuuuhhhhgggguuuuuuhhhhh

Spent 50 hours playing civ 6 learning all its mechanics and still havent finished a full game!

Noceee card. Myself last weeks playing Stellaris 250 hours, Heroes of the storm, rocket league around 500 hours still cant hit ariels lol. and just started a new Divinity original sin ee game. If i buy civ which i kinda been waiting for sale love to get a game of that. Love 4x or turnbased stuff lets me 'chill' yet still play viably lol

Edited by Donkzy, 16 March 2017 - 02:33 PM.

Enjoy Yourself

#36 OneManBand

OneManBand
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:13 PM

Noceee card. Myself last weeks playing Stellaris 250 hours, Heroes of the storm, rocket league around 500 hours still cant hit ariels lol. and just started a new Divinity original sin ee game. If i buy civ which i kinda been waiting for sale love to get a game of that. Love 4x or turnbased stuff lets me 'chill' yet still play viably lol

Def have to get Stellaris at some point. Looks amazing. Need to get rocket league for PC too, one of the best games of all time! Top game Divinity, well enjoyed it. I liked Pillars of Eternity a little bit more, so chilled out and well done, less cartoony.

Good old turn based chill, can play it baked and take as long as you need :)

Total War: Warhammer for this exact reason as well, 250 hours and counting on that game, its class.

Add us on bnet if you want OneManBand#2342, Steam can be fiddley. We'll have to play summet sometime. 

#37 KriLL

KriLL
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 258 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:03 PM

Just found one called Ember which is the spiritual successor to firefall. Used to love that game. The first FPS mmorpg :) Pity Red5 ruined it. These guys will hopefully do a better job. Plus they recognise my 5 year old firefall account and I got $100 of in game credit already :D

https://em8er.com

|/

|\RILL

#38 Donkzy

Donkzy
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

can play it baked and take as long as you need :)

Ayee :)

Enjoy Yourself

#39 Wookybear

Wookybear
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,368 posts
  • Short Name:Wooky

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:19 PM

Ayee :)

Donkzy living the dream.

bzTsWyk.png

#40 Eridan

Eridan
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:11 AM

Just found one called Ember which is the spiritual successor to firefall. Used to love that game. The first FPS mmorpg :) Pity Red5 ruined it. These guys will hopefully do a better job. Plus they recognise my 5 year old firefall account and I got $100 of in game credit already :D

https://em8er.com

You played Necron (2002) ?

And forgot Planetside existed?

:P

Edited by Eridan, 17 March 2017 - 10:12 AM.

#41 Eridan

Eridan
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

Apparently The Secret World is getting a relaunch in the next couple of months including a combat overhaul and access to the story mission for f2p players (its currently buy to play).

I really enjoyed it but got bored playing on my own as now one else was into it at the time.

It has a modern setting, really good story based missions, a modern if clunky combat system like GW2 (lots of pbaoe and dodging but tab target for ranged single target abilities), the ability to down level to play with lowerer characters just by wearing lower tier gear (which I love as a feature for people playing at different speeds).

Anyone interested to give it (another) chance at the relaunch?

http://massivelyop.c...unched-in-2017/

#42 Ectstein

Ectstein
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:51 AM

I play The Secret World would be nice to get a dungeon group going. The story telling in the game is some of the best.

#43 Fozzies

Fozzies
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 413 posts
  • Short Name:Foz

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

secret world looks interesting, downloading now ( cheers Baggie ;)   )

#44 Kiraki

Kiraki
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 42 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:52 PM

I agree. The Secret World has some of the best story lines out there, but the combat was very clunky and could become annoying.  Would be interesting to see if they manage to fix that with the overhaul. :3

#45 Eridan

Eridan
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,065 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:35 PM

Cool. We can keep and eye on that then and see if we can get a bit of a presence going if it turns out to be decent after the overhaul.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users