The Secret World / Secret World Legends

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#49 Ectstein

Ectstein
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:07 am

Just got accepted for the closed beta. Seems like first zone upto Blue Mountain with the one dungeon and 4 of 9 weapons.

Edited by Ectstein, 15 April 2017 - 09:45 am.

#50 Eridan

Eridan
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:22 pm

Just got accepted for the closed beta. Seems like first zone upto Blue Mountain with the one dungeon and 4 of 9 weapons.

How does it play combat wise atm?

#51 Ectstein

Ectstein
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:19 pm

All I can say is not tab targeting. And reduced skill lines. Very early days but its good.

#52 Eridan

Eridan
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:00 pm

All I can say is not tab targeting. And reduced skill lines. Very early days but its good.

There are a bunch of leaks out so and one official live stream so I know the gist.

The bit that's been drowned out is whether is seems any fun or not ( cos the internet ) so its good to hear its good.

Did you play ESO? How does it compare to that? They look like they are going for the same style.

#53 Ectstein

Ectstein
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:42 am

I loved the story telling in TSW so I enjoy this game. The combat is an improvement, they have got rid of a lot of the builders in each weapon groups and condensed the system. The combat it a reticule and seems better but won't blow your mind. 

Overall it's TSW with new slimline combat system that has got rid of a lot of clutter.

I play ESO and I prefer TSW but that's due to the lore/story telling in this game.

#54 Eridan

Eridan
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:06 pm

I loved the story telling in TSW so I enjoy this game. The combat is an improvement, they have got rid of a lot of the builders in each weapon groups and condensed the system. The combat it a reticule and seems better but won't blow your mind. 

Overall it's TSW with new slimline combat system that has got rid of a lot of clutter.

I play ESO and I prefer TSW but that's due to the lore/story telling in this game.

I meant the combat specifically,

#55 Kiraki

Kiraki
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:17 am

I absolutely loved the original game, it is one of the few games I played where the story actually feels immersive and most of the side quests are complex enough or have little cutscenes or random gimmicks to make them fun even if it is just your average collect x things or kill x mobs.  That plus the general setting and feel of the game was great.

If the combat was not so klunky and felt so unresponsive I would still be playing it. :3

#56 Eridan

Eridan
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:55 am

I absolutely loved the original game, it is one of the few games I played where the story actually feels immersive and most of the side quests are complex enough or have little cutscenes or random gimmicks to make them fun even if it is just your average collect x things or kill x mobs.  That plus the general setting and feel of the game was great.

If the combat was not so klunky and felt so unresponsive I would still be playing it. :3

Hoping this combat revamp goes well and we can actually get a bunch of guildies playing at the same time :-)

#57 DiBBz

DiBBz
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 326 posts
  • Short Name:dibbz

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:42 pm

https://www.twitch.tv/funcom theyre currently streaming the now

Posted Image

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. (-Lao Tzu-)

#58 Eridan

Eridan
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:00 pm

https://www.twitch.tv/funcom theyre currently streaming the now

I had a watch of the VoD. The dungeon looked pretty playable (but I need to see how tanking and especially healing work out). Not sure I'm sold on thier F2P model tho. Should be fine for seeing all the story at least tho.

#59 Eridan

Eridan
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:25 pm

Secret world legends launch date is 26/06/2017

https://twitter.com/...907405680111616

Edited by Eridan, 10 May 2017 - 12:25 pm.

#60 DiBBz

DiBBz
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 326 posts
  • Short Name:dibbz

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:35 pm

was about to post thate :D

Posted Image

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. (-Lao Tzu-)

#61 Ectstein

Ectstein
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:30 pm

So far in closed beta the combat has improved, not sure it will blow your minds but it's better. The story and the mythos it what keeps me playing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users