BasedgamerLOGO.jpg

Check out Kitty's Game Corner on Youtube or Facebook

#3 Demondim

Demondim
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 878 posts
  • Short Name:Dave

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:25 pm

I enjoyed the 1st one, even if it did feel a bit like it was ported from a console.

Undecided whether I will sink any time into #2 though.

Think I will need to see some PC gameplay 1st.

Posted Image

#4 Apothus

Apothus
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 15 posts
  • Short Name:apoth

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:46 pm

Pre-ordered it just to play the campaign, 1st one was okay but no campaign.

If Destiny 2 PC is as good as I hope, BF2 will have to wait a bit before I download it.

Could be good for the Christmas break.

If you wait to see the whites of their eyes, it's gonna get messy!

#5 Alusi

Alusi
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 162 posts
  • Short Name:Mark

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:15 pm

As i posted on Discord already. Have already pre-ordered just downloaded the BETA infact to my PS4, me and this mrs love this series BF2 should be way better based on the info I have seen. I will play some over the weekend around my heavy D2 Raiding and NightFall strikes etc! Busy Times!

#6 Alusi

Alusi
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:15 pm

Have been quite impressed so far, graphics and sound are of course amazing! This time around they seem to of increased player skill requirements and tactical thinking required to get points and rewards. Randomness and luck is reduced quite a bit from the original!
Star Fighters are a lot harder to play as in no auto dodge of missiles no OP weapons lock but after a few hrs of practice it does feel way more exciting to play these new much more varied ships!

It plays a lot more like Battlefield 1 in space now!

#7 Demondim

Demondim
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 878 posts
  • Short Name:Dave

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:21 pm

I kind of enjoyed the beta.

But am massively put off by the atrocious loot crate rng system and the sheer lack of any meaningful progression, and then progression hidden behind rng of loot crates... not good imo.

Thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay though, and the graphics + sound are awesome.

Purely because of the loot crate system I haven't and probably won't, pre-order.

Posted Image

#8 Alusi

Alusi
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:20 am

Well to me this one is all about the battles, the RPG is secondary. Don't expect to be a main game for me taking up 100's of hrs, just some great Star Wars fun when you want to be in an authentic SW universe battle.

#9 nidriks

nidriks
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:03 am

I tried the beta last weekend, and whilst I didn't hate it I'm not sure there's enough there for me to spend the whopping £55 they want for it. I played the first one a fair bit, but was never really good enough to get the most out of it. I'm a huge Star Wars fans, and I would like to be able to fully immerse myself in what was a similar graphical and sound standard to the first one, but the price and not being good enough means I'll pass. I'm also enjoying Divinity:Original Sin 2 much much more than I suspect I'd enjoy BF2, so I'd be hard pressed to find time for it.

They also didn't seem to have the 8v8 (I think it was) mode I most enjoyed in BF1. There was a small skirmish type mode, but I didn't enjoy it much as the point capture mode in BF1.

The loot box scandal and the price are sad directions for PC gaming. Prices are going up and developers (well, probably publishers to be fair) are getting greedier. It was always a plus point to PC gaming that games were cheaper. That's not always the case now. I actually found the sheer number of loot boxes overwhelming in the limited time I spent in the beta. I couldn't personally be arsed to go through everything and set up all my guy's skills.

I also want to say that my love of Star Wars makes me hate one more thing from these BF games, and that's the realism...or lack of. Why is Rey fighting Darth Maul on Naboo in the Clone Wars? I know it's just a game, but they could have had Obi Wan or Qui Gon. I just wish they'd follow the lore if they're going to do this hero thing. There's always been a great deal of debate over the heroes, and this lack of realism on who's in which scenario just adds more for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users