• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#17 blackice8r

blackice8r
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 577 posts
  • Short Name:Raz

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:41 pm

none of you fcuk-ers :P was up for sea of thieves yesterday evening when I was asking, so I hopped on the sea of thieves discord and did a duo with a random guy.

He was a brit ,nice guy and a good player, had some good fun. Can be a bit boring if you don't see other ships, got some pvp only at the end of the session :D

gonna cancel the preorder after Wednesday but I'll definitely get the game for launch, I just they add more depth to it and NO Microstransations, otherwise RIP  I'm not touching crap like that even if it's only for cosmetics.

#18 Samiri

Samiri
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 280 posts
  • Short Name:Foxy

Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:30 pm

I played with like 12 different people yesterday. 12 because i got DC twice with 5/8 chests on board our ship wich was so annoying that you lose everything. Anyway the game is fun, i am having fun, but I wont be paying 60 buck for it, theres just not anything giving me the impression enough of new an interesting content will be there a launch. 

This game is hell of a lot of fun if you find the right people when you join, and if you actually find someone who wants to fight and not just run away from you because they are in a 1/2 man boat. For some reason in my session we hardly did meet any gallions, but when we did it was fun. Theres just to much wait time in between, and running those "quests" are going to get old really really rally fast. I cant see my self playing this for more than two months unless theres a massive amount of content they haven't talked about or showed.

And whats this annoying thing with having Mic as Always on as a default, OMFG.

And and WTF is wrong with people sitting playing games while feeding or playing with their babies in this game, seriously meet several women who had their baby on their arm instead of paying attention to their fucking child. (rant done)

BasedgamerLOGO.jpg

Check out Kitty's Game Corner on Youtube or Facebook

#19 blackice8r

blackice8r
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 577 posts
  • Short Name:Raz

Posted 30 January 2018 - 06:22 pm

yah the game might get boring fast if they don't add stuff, that's why I'm thinking to use the free 2 week xbox subscription and then decide if to get the paid one for a few months

#20 Omimace

Omimace
  • – Community Overseer –

• 2,085 posts
  • Short Name:Omi

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:51 am

Already pre-ordered and running with discord crews is the best option so much fun :)

Posted Image

#21 DaveTheBasha

DaveTheBasha
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 247 posts
  • Short Name:Dave/David

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:14 pm

Was thinking about getting it. But I saw it needs windows 10 to run. =/

Posted Image

#22 Samiri

Samiri
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 280 posts
  • Short Name:Foxy

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:31 pm

Please watch and like my Sea of Thieves Review

Oh and if you haven't, I would really appreciate a subscribe :)

Edited by Samiri, 02 February 2018 - 03:32 pm.

BasedgamerLOGO.jpg

Check out Kitty's Game Corner on Youtube or Facebook

#23 Conda

Conda
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 822 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:24 pm

Anyone looking to sign up to Game Pass in order to play SoT might be able to get a few days free to test out if they go through this promotion on the final few days of this month:

https://www.trueachi...crosoft-rewards

Previously known as Demise.

#24 Lukkii

Lukkii
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 208 posts
  • Short Name:Dan

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:33 am

I'm all over this game! Loved the BETA, pre-ordered and can't wait to play :) anyone want to smash it up with me, maybe even on live stream, let me know :)

"The Good Die Young"

#25 Conda

Conda
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 822 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:31 pm

A nice quick video outlining some of the 'end game' content and how your pirate and ship customisation will work:

#26 Omimace

Omimace
  • – Community Overseer –

• 2,085 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:02 pm

Awesome video Conda and damn that is some good intel, nice to here first major content update will also be free and approximately 3 months in.

So goal get legendary ship within 3 months just got set :)

Posted Image

#27 Vi Neomir

Vi Neomir
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 223 posts
  • Short Name:Vi

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:23 pm

Will there be an open beta for this?

#28 Conda

Conda
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 822 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:23 am

Will there be an open beta for this?

People have speculated there will be but no confirmation yet. I think they will since it will help push the game and game pass for them.

If you do this right (see the quote below) you should be able to get yourself a few days on it free:

Anyone looking to sign up to Game Pass in order to play SoT might be able to get a few days free to test out if they go through this promotion on the final few days of this month:

https://www.trueachi...crosoft-rewards

#29 Omimace

Omimace
  • – Community Overseer –

• 2,085 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:43 pm

Latest videos have been awesome and informative with confirmation on a few things:

Nothing will be pay to win and will remain that way even the large update due 4 months after release will be completely free.

They plan to make money through merchandising, they are aiming for this to be a big twitch you tube thing and have already setup a merchandise shop with loads of content considering the game is not out yet. The game also is already making waves (excuse the pun) on twitch again despite being released yet.

Kraken will be in game will be a random spawn in the ocean that will latch onto a ship tentacles smashing down on the deck, crew can kill the tentacles arms to get loot and force the kraken back to the deaths, failure to do this will lead tot he ship being pulled down to the depths.

One piece of news some folks don't like - there wont be a fully accessible pirate creator. Instead you get 6 random pirates pop up based on some criteria yet unknown. You can keep hitting refresh for more options or until you find the look you like. This is purely physical form as all pirates start off in rags.

There will be regular events run on servers with various levels of PVP involvement

Each person can customize the look of there ship and captains cabin and crews can choose the captain of the party to use there ship.

There will be a legendary ship which is obtainable in game which has been described as having a bonus over regular ships(but no more detail yet) it will only be obtainable from quests in game. It will effectively be end game content until the large update 4 months after launch when they expect most experienced pirates by this time to have one. <-this seems to be a hint at how progression will work in game.

The update 4 months after launch is being penciled as large and the next stage of the games development. Not much more detail has been given other than it will be free and that's sort of when they expect people to be sailing round with legendary ships as a norm, the update will shake things back up again keeping it fresh alongside the regular in game events and pop ups.

Again had a great time the weekend using the SoT discord to find 4 man active crews that talked. No silent dopey bugs, altohugh on the one run we did get this kid sounded bout 15 and he was as dense as a plank of wood but thought he knew everything and kept "advising" everyone, we all know the type lol.

I have already pre-ordered so will be on the 20th or when the usual server nightmare calms down - unrelated I have a week and a half off work starting a week after launch (wasn't planned at all i swere :)) So will be hammering out some runs during that week and I am happy to help anyone on learn and get good loots :) Unless we get some DKR crews going I will be on SoT discord for most the time as I don't want to waste time looking for crews so it be best to add me on xbox live and ping me when you are looking for a crew - or come say hi on the Sot discord and drag me back :)

Super looking forward to this launch as many of you know so see you on discord and in game (still playing fortnight battle royal if anyone interested in the mean time -actually winning games now too :))

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users