Recruiting for Warframe

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Eridan

Eridan
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:53 am

We now have a fully developed clan dojo (with the exception of the stupidly expensive Hema) and a decent idea of how many active players we have. This currently means we have room for 3 more players at our current size.

The twitch prime offer that gets you Frost prime, Soma Prime and Scindo prime ends on the 31st so if you have any intention of playing warframe you should do that in the next couple of days.

Myself, Xaphan, Wooky and Rainu are pretty active in the game and on discord and can help out anyone who wants to get started or get back into it.

If any one is up for it I can run a warframe for newbs sessions sometime.

Its seem pretty clear that Destiny 2 sucks balls and Anthem isn't out till the end of the year so if you want to play any of the not quite an mmo shooters Warframe is the game to play.

Just to remind people its very playable as a strict free to play game and a well placed £16 will see most people never have to stress about the free to play aspects at all.

#2 DiBBz

DiBBz
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 361 posts
  • Short Name:Conor

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:39 pm

id just like to point out mate that if you want DKR to be extremely active again in warframe you just have to keep up recruiting and managing of the clan member list.

royal destiny plus its 5 sister clans in the same alliance are all moons besides sanctum which is at mountain. every clan recruits daily pulling in well over 270 members a day. and most of the recruits will go elsewhere in the clan if one is currently full. and with a inactivity peroid of 7 days if you haven't contributed and a couple weeks if you have and ascended in rank. it keeps the equilibrium going.

it can be quite daunting at times. but when you start getting people recruiting for you it becomes quite easy and depending on your "Quality assurance" :D you will have a nice fun little stable community and its up to you from there on out if you want to expand again. but yes the research requirements are a nightmare when you go up in tier.

Posted Image

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. (-Lao Tzu-)

#3 Wookybear

Wookybear
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,386 posts
  • Short Name:Wooky

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:00 pm

I don't think anyone wants to be a massive zerg clan like that, sounds utterly horrible.

bzTsWyk.png

#4 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts
  • Short Name:Mike

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:53 pm

I don't think anyone wants to be a massive zerg clan like that, sounds utterly horrible.

well apparently 270 ppl a day do only time dkr has ever been successful was when it was a zerg guild  

if you don't want to meet new ppl play offline :)  

#5 Darkademic

Darkademic
  • – Enigmatic Overlord –

• 4,952 posts
  • Short Name:Dark

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:52 pm

well apparently 270 ppl a day do only time dkr has ever been successful was when it was a zerg guild  

if you don't want to meet new ppl play offline :)  

Depends how you define success.

Some of the best times in DkR were when we had maybe 20-30 members in the CS/TF2 days, playing in ladders and leagues where every single match felt like a big deal.

Then we had ESO where we went for pure numbers and most of them evaporated within weeks.

darkademic_thin_sig.png
Рациональный разум. Военачальник Загадочных Призраков.

#6 Alusi

Alusi
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 195 posts
  • Short Name:Mark

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:27 pm

Just wanted to add that if you were disappointed with Destiny 2 (the non existent endgame or whatever) then I can say that since switching to Warframe on PS4 it was the best gaming decision I have made in years. Warframe just rocks if your focus is PvE. I am playing it heavily on PS4 with the mrs, in between bouts of For Honour (PS4) and ESO on the PC.

#7 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:42 pm

Depends how you define success.

Some of the best times in DkR were when we had maybe 20-30 members in the CS/TF2 days, playing in ladders and leagues where every single match felt like a big deal.

Then we had ESO where we went for pure numbers and most of them evaporated within weeks.

eso failed because you put all your eggs into the wildstar basket

i suppose you will define that as a success too   

#8 Darkademic

Darkademic
  • – Enigmatic Overlord –

• 4,952 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:04 pm

eso failed because you put all your eggs into the wildstar basket

i suppose you will define that as a success too   

Not true, we had more members and higher levels of recruitment in ESO than in any other game.

ESO saw most of its decline well before Wildstar came out; there wasn't any overlap in the end (we expected there would be, thinking ESO could last much longer than it did). Wildstar was similarly poor in terms of success (though it actually did well until people hit endgame, then only the high end raiders kept playing). The games themselves were mostly to blame for their short-livedness, but the important thing is that we put a much bigger emphasis on numbers for ESO/WildStar, and ended up with a much higher % of members disappearing and never returning. Something like 97% for ESO.

Conversely, for basically every other game we've played, we didn't aim for huge numbers and the retention was much higher. Most of the members still around now, who've stuck with DkR through numerous peaks and troughs of activity, are from GW2, TF2 or Archeage, and then those same players are the ones that fuelled the later BDO and WoW guilds.

Big numbers can work, but it's far more difficult to have a strong community once the numbers get too high, and numbers for the sake of numbers never works out well.

darkademic_thin_sig.png

#9 Darkademic

Darkademic
  • – Enigmatic Overlord –

• 4,952 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:30 pm

Oh and to be more on-topic.. I highly recommend the game, but I'm not sure what you'd gain by having a really big clan in it. A smaller group of active members seems to be a better fit for it.

I've just not had time to play it, as had some unfortunate happenings over Christmas as well as tons of work, but if I were playing a game at the moment it'd probably be Warframe.

darkademic_thin_sig.png

#10 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:34 pm

its one of them games i regret not playing from the start tried destiny but my hands are fucked from work and gaming for 30 years  so after an hr of playing thay start to stiffen up so will just be playing 3rd person mmos or space games from now on 

will be in spain permanently by end of feb so hoping my joints will start to free up 

thing you have to remember about games like destiny is they will have a massive turnover of players so even if you recruit 270 a week you will be lucky to have 20 of by end of a month or 2 

however if you tried to keep it small then chances are the guild would die as a result not ideal i know

omny was pretty relentless in archage when it came to recruiting just like tog was with guild wars 

i could pull posts up regarding you saying eso was only a stop gap and that the main focus was wildstar same was said about ffxiv too 

the irony that the 2 best mmos to play at the mo is lol eso and ffxiv shame we stopped recruiting for them eh  ;) 

#11 BradDaMan

BradDaMan
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 402 posts
  • Short Name:Brad

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:10 pm

its one of them games i regret not playing from the start tried destiny but my hands are fucked from work and gaming for 30 years  so after an hr of playing thay start to stiffen up so will just be playing 3rd person mmos or space games from now on 

will be in spain permanently by end of feb so hoping my joints will start to free up 

thing you have to remember about games like destiny is they will have a massive turnover of players so even if you recruit 270 a week you will be lucky to have 20 of by end of a month or 2 

however if you tried to keep it small then chances are the guild would die as a result not ideal i know

omny was pretty relentless in archage when it came to recruiting just like tog was with guild wars 

i could pull posts up regarding you saying eso was only a stop gap and that the main focus was wildstar same was said about ffxiv too 

the irony that the 2 best mmos to play at the mo is lol eso and ffxiv shame we stopped recruiting for them eh  ;)

At the time we played them as a guild, both ESO and FF14 were dogshit compared to their current states - that's why we stopped playing them. WoW is still the most played MMO and the reasons that most of us don't play it anymore is because of differences in time commitments, skill level and the fact we hammered the expansion early.

Most of DkR can't be arsed with MMOs anymore. We aren't kids anymore and just don't have the time. Games like Overwatch, PUBG, Rust (at a push), PoE, Warframe, LoL, Dota etc fit our playstyles much better because they are shorter, more skill reliant games that don't require major time investment.

There isn't really a 'main focus' of the guild. People will join if they want to play with us. It's more a community of people that like to chill and play games together than a hardcore/MLG/zerg clan.

Back to the topic of Warframe (not Destiny). The reason you need a big clan inside the game is to sustain a top level guildhall. This doesn't mean it has to be DkR exclusive. Many in game guilds never even play together - it's just for unlocks. If you like, you can use the ingame guild playerbase to recruit into the DkR community to make it bigger, but it's not needed.

Once again, I feel you are just on the forums for a bit of a poke Mixie. When will this end?

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you :D

#12 Darkademic

Darkademic
  • – Enigmatic Overlord –

• 4,952 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:25 pm

Yea I think I may've said something along those lines (thinking WildStar would be the better of the two), but when we actually started playing it seemed like it was worth a proper push, so we proper pushed it. We recruited something like 400 members iirc.

Tried ESO a bit more recently, but couldn't get back into it, and could never really get into FFXIV myself. All the short-lived MMOs were a shame really, but we've had some good stints too (Archeage, WoW and BDO all lasted a good while and had a lot of activity).

darkademic_thin_sig.png

#13 Aumento

Aumento
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 603 posts
  • Short Name:James

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:34 pm

Mixe, have you tried glucosamine sulphate for your hands. Really has improved mine placebo or not.

#14 BradDaMan

BradDaMan
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 402 posts
  • Short Name:Brad

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:56 am

Mixe, have you tried glucosamine sulphate for your hands. Really has improved mine placebo or not.

Glucosamine is just a basic sugar with an amino group. It is used by the body (in synovial fluid) as a cartilage metabolite but the concentration required to have any positive effect would be a lot higher than the difference that any tablets could make.

So, yes it could help, but it isn't going to make you grow new cartilage. There are many factors which are more likely to make a difference - the biggest being diet (see gout triggers).

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you :D

#15 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:20 am

thx ill give it a shot although taking tablets regularly is something I'm not good at

i don't think its gout, i think its just old age and I'm just wearing out

diet could be something to do with it ,but that would be more due to the fact that i have had crones for the last 20 yrs

brad its nice to know that only kids play mmos and all the mature adults play overwatch call of duty and LOL :D 

#16 Eridan

Eridan
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:10 pm

The reason you need a big clan inside the game is to sustain a top level guildhall.

Its the opposite. The smaller the clan the cheaper everything is and most clans I've read about don't see contributions scale at the same rate as the max member cap. that's why I was talking about haveing 3 spaces cos its very beneficial to stay at the smaller size.

id just like to point out mate that if you want DKR to be extremely active again in warframe you just have to keep up recruiting and managing of the clan member list.

royal destiny plus its 5 sister clans in the same alliance are all moons besides sanctum which is at mountain. every clan recruits daily pulling in well over 270 members a day. and most of the recruits will go elsewhere in the clan if one is currently full. and with a inactivity peroid of 7 days if you haven't contributed and a couple weeks if you have and ascended in rank. it keeps the equilibrium going.

it can be quite daunting at times. but when you start getting people recruiting for you it becomes quite easy and depending on your "Quality assurance" :D you will have a nice fun little stable community and its up to you from there on out if you want to expand again. but yes the research requirements are a nightmare when you go up in tier.

This post was just an attempt to get people in DkR interested. I'm not personally interested in external recruiting.

Most of DkR can't be arsed with MMOs anymore. We aren't kids anymore and just don't have the time. Games like Overwatch, PUBG, Rust (at a push), PoE, Warframe, LoL, Dota etc fit our playstyles much better because they are shorter, more skill reliant games that don't require major time investment.

For anyone who doesn't play but is still reading this one of the main benefits of Warframe is that its really flexible with how much time you put into it. You can play one mission which will typically last between 2 and 20 mins depending on type and then log off again have achieved a minor goal and had a bit of a shooter fix or play for hours at a strech working on a bigger goals. Solo stuff even lets you pause if you have to see to RL stuff. Me and Xaphan play it as a massive time sink game like a typical mmo, Dark and Insathius seem to play it in short bursts and it seems to work for both cases. On top of that its pretty good at handling players with low progress and high progress playing together (lower rank players can get taxied to where every the higher level players go, high rank players have incentives to do lower level content I.e. leveling new frame and gear and farming lower level relics).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users