Photo

Best Dexter Villain [Spoilers]

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Dexter Villain (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you think was the best Dexter villain?

1. Brian Moser - "The Ice Truck Killer" (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Lila (1 votes [9.09%])

3. Miguel Prado (1 votes [9.09%])

4. Trinity (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

5. Jonathan Chase (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Gellar and Travis (1 votes [9.09%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#17 Darkademic

Darkademic
  • – Enigmatic Overlord –

• 4,971 posts
  • Short Name:Dark

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:37 pm

I think he was good though it was a nice story and a change of pace from the usual Dexter villain where instead he was helping a survivor get revenge but that's my opinion ofc lol

The story was good, I liked the whole thing with Lumen, but Jordan Chase himself.. underwhelming. He didn't come across as someone who could've manipulated people someone so easily.

darkademic_thin_sig.png
Рациональный разум. Военачальник Загадочных Призраков.

#18 Ashqaz

Ashqaz
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 209 posts
  • Short Name:Ash

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:42 pm

I think he came across like a tit yeah but that's how I see most motivational speakers lol

#19 Bibidiboo

Bibidiboo
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 768 posts
  • Short Name:Bib

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:24 pm

I didn't even remember who it was until you told me :P
that was the most boring season for me :/ especially the first few eps but it got good later
Fifty shades of Bibidiboo..?

#20 benj

benj
  • [DkR] Clan Member (Inactive)
  • 181 posts
  • Short Name:ben

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:39 pm

The story was good, I liked the whole thing with Lumen, but Jordan Chase himself.. underwhelming. He didn't come across as someone who could've manipulated people someone so easily.

Whole season was underwhelming. It started out good with Lumen, but I hated the way the writers concluded the season. Sure, it added some perspective on Dexter which adds depth to his character, but just letting her walk away was an anti-climax. She's just out in the world now, doing what? When the writers killed off Dexter's wife, it added a tragic, personal side to the story for that season. She could of been killed off in a handful of creative ways, or discarded in a more satisfying way. We know the writers can do better, so it's disapointing when they come out with shit like this every so often.
Posted Image

#21 Tuskz

Tuskz
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:34 am

I wasn't really sure what to think of the whole Lumen thing. It was good that they didn't give Dexter a sidekick a la Robin, who just followed him around, but that they had a more complex relationship. I did, however, resent that she was just a piece of eye candy and it took the focus away from Dexter.
I think that Jordan Chase and his gang of cronies were good story-telling and that they linked the whole series together nicely, although Chase himself was a fairly unconvincing character. I guess that you don't have to be convincing to brain wash people in America, though. I still think that Chase is a stronger character then either of the two religious guys. That said, Chase's series was the worst behind the most recent one.

#22 Ashqaz

Ashqaz
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 209 posts
  • Short Name:Ash

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:21 pm

I think what made the last season better is the complexity of how the people were murdered/positioned when being murdered
It added a whole new twist to the series but I think it has to be the best ending ever all the stuff he has done to hide himself even framing numerous people so he wasn't caught and she just walks in on him lol

#23 benj

benj
  • 181 posts
  • Short Name:ben

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:47 pm

I think what made the last season better is the complexity of how the people were murdered/positioned when being murdered

Yeah, it was unique, and the murders were cool. I especially liked the two sides of Travis. Didn't see that coming at all. But it still wasn't as fullfilling as the Trinity and Ice Truck killer. I think all the religious stuff put me off as well, despite the fact they wern't positively presenting it most of the time.
Posted Image

#24 Sonofbugzy

Sonofbugzy
  • 34 posts
  • Short Name:Jay

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:51 pm

How can you guys forget this guy The way they killed him off was hilarious
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

Bill Nicholson.

#25 Bibidiboo

Bibidiboo
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 768 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:06 pm

How can you guys forget this guy http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Prhzzqc0aFQ The way they killed him off was hilarious

He was a good guy though!

#26 Sonofbugzy

Sonofbugzy
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:11 pm

He was a good guy though!

Ye but he was dexters enemy. Anyone with a pulse is dexter's enemy pretty much lol
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

Bill Nicholson.

#27 Bibidiboo

Bibidiboo
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 768 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:12 pm

Ye but he was dexters enemy. Anyone with a pulse is dexter's enemy pretty much lol

No! Dexter fights for JUSTICE!

#28 Sonofbugzy

Sonofbugzy
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:16 pm

No! Dexter fights for JUSTICE!

Just an excuse to kill. Dexter doesn't care about justice.

Bill Nicholson.

#29 Mindless

Mindless
  • 93 posts
  • Short Name:Vlad

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:52 pm

I will be the first one to actually vote for Travis and Gellar. Or you would want to say only Travis! DUM DUM DUUUUUM!
No, seriously. While I agree that Ice Truck Killer was just awesome for a beginning of the series (and became even better after his death. Which is unusual) and Trinity just had a huuuuuge impact on the life of Dexter (I still can't believe that), but Travis.. He was interesting to watch. His ways of killing were just pure awesomeness. While I don't like this kind of religious bastards (would prefer Brother Sam. He was just a religious guy that I would love to see in most of the people), I enjoyed every "OH WTF?!" moment that I had with him. And the ending of the season.. You must agree that this was purely epic. So looking forward for the next one and have to give the vote for Travis.

Edited by Mindless, 23 April 2012 - 05:56 pm.

#30 nannamoon

nannamoon
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 93 posts
  • Short Name:Mike

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:27 pm

never watched it,,, looks like im gonna have to start downloading season 1. (needed something to get into since 24 finished)

#31 Darkademic

Darkademic
  • – Enigmatic Overlord –

• 4,971 posts
  • Short Name:Dark

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:49 pm

I think it's my favourite non-sci-fi, non-comedy TV series, and certainly one of my favourite series in general.

darkademic_thin_sig.png
Рациональный разум. Военачальник Загадочных Призраков.

#32 Mindless

Mindless
  • 93 posts
  • Short Name:Vlad

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:59 pm

Would have to agree with Darkademic. In the middle of the series felt a bit bored, but then the interest got back.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users