8 replies to this topic

#1 twiddlestix

twiddlestix
  • [DkR] Clan Member (Inactive)
  • 340 posts
  • Short Name:Jake

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:42 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../world-18702455

now they are not going crazy with this announcement, as it might well prove to be nothing, or something else. but for them to have had this conference they must have some pretty good evidence!

Edited by twiddlestix, 04 July 2012 - 02:43 pm.

#2 Atomicmedic

Atomicmedic
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:54 pm

As the title says the particle is not exactly the higgs boson, however it could turn out to be it. Personally I like science to be wrong, it means we need to rethink things!

#3 Redds

Redds
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:43 pm

So is the break through John Titor ( the guy claiming to be a time traveller) was talking about ;)

TimeTravel_0 : It will puzzle them for a while.
TimeTravel_0 : Until they figure out how to add and electrical charge and capture these strange odd and massive particles in a magnetic field.

..But seriously the discovery could be huge step into creating a new form of energy that would solve all our problems or make them worse... Exciting times :D

Edited by Redds, 04 July 2012 - 04:44 pm.

#4 LittlMuffin

LittlMuffin
  • 207 posts
  • Short Name:LittlMuffin, LittleMuffin , Milan

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:40 am

we are all aliensssssssssssssss :)

Posted Image

Shut your talk-hole, bookah. Every time you open it, you drip stupid all over my floor.

#5 Lycan

Lycan
  • 469 posts
  • Short Name:Mo

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:13 am

Well, the world hasn't been destroyed like they were predicting, so al least someone in there knows how to do some science :P

In this scenario (unusually for me) I'm less interested about the possible scientific ramifications such as time travel, and am more excited about teachers in schools having to rethink lesson plans, text books be rewritten and have them get psyched in general...

We'd realistically have to wait until the actual particle is announced, before people get crazy about what can be done with the technology.
Getting ahead of ourselves rarely benefits is Brits; want proof? Just ask the England "soccer" team.

Posted Image

LYCAN aka VOLPE aka THORZHAMMAER

#6 Grinn

Grinn
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 785 posts
  • Short Name:Grinn

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:28 am

I am curious that if they find out it is that particle, will they be able to do something with it? Like Redds is saying, if we can create some sort of insane energy resource with that, that would have huge economic impact on current energy prices. But then again, if it is possible, I think we will only feel the effects in about 5 to 10 years. It is not like they are going to work 1 month with it and create a new energy source. Would be cool though!

#7 Donkzy

Donkzy
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:31 pm

Hmm the 'God' particle eh. its like sci-fi becomes reality wonder what they'll be discovering 100 years from now, we probably cant even imagine

Enjoy Yourself

Olive Oil ain't no virgin ;)

#8 Noupoi

Noupoi
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:54 pm

I am curious that if they find out it is that particle, will they be able to do something with it? Like Redds is saying, if we can create some sort of insane energy resource with that, that would have huge economic impact on current energy prices. But then again, if it is possible, I think we will only feel the effects in about 5 to 10 years. It is not like they are going to work 1 month with it and create a new energy source. Would be cool though!

Right now, if it's confirmed, all it will do is validate the Standard Model. I don't think we'll see any real life applications for it any time soon though.

#9 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts
  • Short Name:Mike

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:52 pm

using a electro magnetic force to charge a particle and then get an electric signal and then call it a boson lawl fools the lot of em 

Edited by mixe, 19 January 2015 - 03:53 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users