• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts
  • Short Name:Mike

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:38 pm

ok just would like to here of some of you guys as to your opinion on ghosts i haven't seen one my self but my granddad did and allso my great great grandmother did both sercomstanses was simmiler my grandad seen his dad in the living room the night he died in hospital and was even question by next door neighbour the day after as to whether we seen anything strange that night as it turns out they seen a ghost walk through there house into our house and the story of me great gran was simmeler that she and her son seen there husband fred walk into bedroom she said hi fred did not know you was back went to give him a cuddle and he disappieared the day after she gets a telligram to say he had been killed in the battle of the somm in the 1st world war 

what you guys think ? me i think its got something to do with quantum intanglment but that's just a shot in the dark at something i cant explain .

Edited by mixe, 16 January 2013 - 10:40 pm.

#2 Azerra

Azerra
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 639 posts
  • Short Name:Az

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:00 pm

Personally, I don't believe in the existence of 'ghosts'. Although I can understand that it is a very subjective experience and that individuals will experience things differently, of course.

There are many unexplained, weird stuff/events that happen in this world... but I've never experienced any encounters with ghosts. I've even done Ouija boards a couple of times - some people I've done it with completely swear they're contacting their previous family members in some otherworldly fashion but I just go along with it to humor them - and as far as I understand it, the board was initially just a game before it became linked to notions of spirituality.

At the end of the day I can only count on my own experience.

Edited by Azerra, 16 January 2013 - 11:01 pm.

#3 Darkademic

Darkademic
  • – Enigmatic Overlord –

• 4,971 posts
  • Short Name:Dark

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:23 pm

I saw a head and shoulders floating above my bed once, but I still don't believe in ghosts, nor anything supernatural.

darkademic_thin_sig.png
Рациональный разум. Военачальник Загадочных Призраков.

#4 Wookybear

Wookybear
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,386 posts
  • Short Name:Wooky

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:35 am

Im not spooky at all!

bzTsWyk.png

#5 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:57 am

lol 

#6 Whakapapa

Whakapapa
  • [DkR] Clan Member (Inactive)
  • 230 posts
  • Short Name:Whaka

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:15 am

I often dream of the future, and it always comes to pass, unfortunately it is often small things related only to myself - like I dream I'm going to say and do stuff, and after some time, I get into that specific situation (it can be days, months or even years down the line, but I always know I have dreamt of it). I also dream of alternate dimensions which I believe exists, like an alternate dimension where I work in a different job etc, small things like that, I get to peek in on those lives when I sleep. I really like sleeping too.

#7 Donkzy

Donkzy
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:40 am

I often dream of the future, and it always comes to pass, unfortunately it is often small things related only to myself - like I dream I'm going to say and do stuff, and after some time, I get into that specific situation (it can be days, months or even years down the line, but I always know I have dreamt of it). I also dream of alternate dimensions which I believe exists, like an alternate dimension where I work in a different job etc, small things like that, I get to peek in on those lives when I sleep. I really like sleeping too.

Yeh I'm with you on the dreams part, its like deja vu really strange (unless they've changed something in the matrix) Also i know as humans we have this imagination but where does it come from, how can we dream of things we've never seen or encountered like monsters from nightmares when we were kids. Ghosts aren't real tho, Aliens are lol

Enjoy Yourself

Olive Oil ain't no virgin ;)

#8 Khally

Khally
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:06 am

Yeh I'm with you on the dreams part, its like deja vu really strange (unless they've changed something in the matrix) Also i know as humans we have this imagination but where does it come from, how can we dream of things we've never seen or encountered like monsters from nightmares when we were kids. Ghosts aren't real tho, Aliens are lol

Regarding the dreams part, you don't actually dream them. As you are experiencing it, it triggers a nervous pathway which misleads your brain into thinking it has dreamt it. So you are actually creating that memory of a "dream" as you are experiencing it, it's quite interesting and intriguing. It has happened to me a few times as well, but it's a natural neurologic mistake. A brain fart, so to say.

As to ghosts, I don't believe it at all. Just like werewolves, bigfoot and little green men with anal probes. I think it's just an explanation given to try and make sense of some event people can not explain. Maybe a process similar to pareidolia. But I'm talking about people who trully believe they have experiences those events, and not just common hoaxes and pathological liars.

I see no reason to why ghosts would exist. Humans are not special. We don't have a "soul", nothing is lost when we die except for our nervous system's activity, which has nothing magical about it. Ion flows and neurotransmiters, that's it, just like any other thinking species. At least, that's what I believe in until I see something which proves otherwise, in which case I'll be happy to reconsider my believes.

medals_zpsc909537a.png      SIGNATURE5_zpsf26a90df.png   

#9 Aspeh

Aspeh
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:28 am

Fact. (Edit: "I believe" rather than "fact" since it can't be proven nor disproven.)

Edited by Aspeh, 17 January 2013 - 12:10 pm.

Alex / Aspeh - He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know.

#10 Chuey

Chuey
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:55 am

Personally I'm skeptical over things like this, though I've heard plenty of stories from others which can often chill.

I've heard from people who work regular night shifts where I work that they've seen and heard things. Things appearing in Mirrors and on CCTV. Faces at windows, figures walking along gantries. There's a nurse who has freaked out people she's worked with by giving them messages from dead relatives, and has been spot on every time.

Saying all that the site I work on is only 20 years old, that's the kinda thing people normally associate with really old buildings.

A lot of it I suspect is related to un-known parts of our brains. There's still a in there we don't understand and they can be very good at tricking us (as evident by the dream comments above).

#11 Whakapapa

Whakapapa
  • 230 posts
  • Short Name:Whaka

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:02 pm

Regarding the dreams part, you don't actually dream them. As you are experiencing it, it triggers a nervous pathway which misleads your brain into thinking it has dreamt it. So you are actually creating that memory of a "dream" as you are experiencing it, it's quite interesting and intriguing. It has happened to me a few times as well, but it's a natural neurologic mistake. A brain fart, so to say.

I assure you, my brain is not farting. It is very real! Some years ago I wrote down some of the dreams and later, when I've experienced what is normally a deja vú, I have picked up the dream writings and can confirm the writings.

Edited by Whakapapa, 17 January 2013 - 01:03 pm.

#12 ZeCooL

ZeCooL
  • 373 posts
  • Short Name:ZeCooL

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:19 pm

http://youtu.be/W2w13u7amDg

#13 Shifted

Shifted
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:03 am

I don't believe in any paranormal stuff.  Has something to do with the fact I'm an atheist, I guess.

Shifted.6912
Kaileea - Norn Ranger || Aernie - Human Elementalist || Veratres - Sylvari Thief
Virtensen - Norn Guardian || Gunwick - Human Engineer || Desmanthia - Sylvari Mesmer
Slaaeth - Charr Warrior || Zuqqi - Asura Necromancer

#14 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:16 pm

lol Jimmy carr granted he don't believe ghosts just as he dose not believe in paying his tax bill  :lol: 

#15 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:24 pm

I don't believe in any paranormal stuff.  Has something to do with the fact I'm an atheist, I guess.

just through interest why do you think religion is linked to paranormal  ?

#16 Shifted

Shifted
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:32 pm

I don't believe in anything that doesn't have an explanation, so I consider both ghosts and god "paranormal", thus not real.

Edited by Shifted, 20 January 2013 - 11:34 pm.

Shifted.6912
Kaileea - Norn Ranger || Aernie - Human Elementalist || Veratres - Sylvari Thief
Virtensen - Norn Guardian || Gunwick - Human Engineer || Desmanthia - Sylvari Mesmer
Slaaeth - Charr Warrior || Zuqqi - Asura Necromancer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users