Photo
Video

Team Nivorage, Promotional Platform? Commentator?

Team Nivorage Promotional Platform? Commentator?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nivorage

Nivorage
  • [DkR] Clan Member (Inactive)
  • 41 posts
  • Short Name:Nivo

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:33 pm

Hello there everyone, I know this video is going to come across as self promotion and in a way yes it is but i need some good and honest feedback, Although i haven't been here a great deal of time reading the forums have allowed me to see that your guys are willing to speak your minds. I'm sure you all know that YouTube comments are not 100% reliable as 60% of them are trolls.

So here we are, I have been sat on 130 subs for about 2 weeks and i felt now I am going to University I will not have as much time to produce the content i want to for YouTube. So this is where my new idea for Team Nivorage has come from, I promote and produce graphics for other people content in the gaming world that is. I also do Live Commentary in the videos and LiveStreams, Part of Team Nivorage is me going to LAN events and commentating this is going to be a side job while I'm an University.

So here is a link to my Video where i explain this in much better detail, It would be great if you could tell your friends as the more people who find out the more i can work on projects. 

Thanks you guys!, and please be 100% brutally honest I want to know where I can improve. I also added the graphic i made for this video.

Attached Files

#2 spankproof

spankproof
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 984 posts
  • Short Name:chris/spank

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:16 pm

lay off the totalbiscuit impression at the start and normalise the sound for the love of god, rests fine XD

#3 Nivorage

Nivorage
  • [DkR] Clan Member (Inactive)
  • 41 posts
  • Short Name:Nivo

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:11 am

Well ive been called many things and heard a lot of things said but never have i been told about an impression of Totalbiscuit lol. 

#4 Wookybear

Wookybear
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,387 posts
  • Short Name:Wooky

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:32 am

Well ive been called many things and heard a lot of things said but never have i been told about an impression of Totalbiscuit lol. 

Listen to the intro of some of his videos, and then listen to yours. Spankproof has a point.

bzTsWyk.png

#5 Bregor

Bregor
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 700 posts
  • Short Name:Bregor

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:01 pm

If I didn't know it wasn't TB and I would just listen to it I could easely have confused him with TB at the start.

#6 Xiomaro

Xiomaro
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 441 posts
  • Short Name:Xio

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:05 pm

Haha you do sound an awful lot like TotalBiscuit but I'm not sure there's much you can do about having a similar voice/accent.

You should definitely look into improving the sound quality. If you can get a professional condenser mic that would be ideal - it makes a huge difference to the professional appearance. They're not exactly cheap though so it depends how serious you are. It certainly makes other people take you more seriously. Then whack a load of compression on your voice. Condenser mic + compression will give you that radio presenter sound.

Definitely learn a bit about limiters and compressors in general though as that's why you have the massive difference in volume levels.

Edit: I just looked up what microphone WarOwl uses and it looks like he has one of these: http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B000EOPQ7E

Sounds pretty decent: 

Edited by Xiomaro, 27 September 2013 - 03:09 pm.

"Xiomaro is a good guy"
5/5
-Damo

"If I could be more like anyone, it would be Xio"
-Judgement

"Muff muff muff"
-Shallain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users