• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 spanxie

spanxie
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 727 posts
  • Short Name:Spanx

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:20 pm

Looking to buy a tablet for a certain person and have been looking at the nexus 10 , it has lots of pros and of course a few cons ...IE lack of sd card storage etc  (but looks fkn awsome if im honest)

The screens look amazing on both the 10" and nexus 7" 

Was hoping someone may allready have one of these or could help with any input to aid my purchase 

Thanks in advance .. im looking to spend approx £250

PS, android only...no snobbery here :) LAWL

Edited by spanxie, 24 October 2013 - 09:22 pm.

#2 korrok

korrok
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:38 pm

Nexus 10 is great tablet! had a nexus 7 before it and that was good too,  really can't fault the N10 one bit, runs all apps/movies/etc i throw at it super smoothly and the screen resolution is just sweet.Build quality is really nice imo, i genrally use it for browsing and reading comic book scans on, with the odd 1080p movie when travelling. Only thing i would say is definatly get the 32gb one if you aren't using it for just browing and the odd app, 16gb just fills to quickly :)

#3 spanxie

spanxie
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 727 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:43 pm

Thanks Korrok for the possitive feed back, the 32gb version is only an extra £20 on amazon at present, so would be my choice.

Any help on possible bluetooth/ connectivity easy of use issues would be helpful as it also needs to be used to swap films, music etc between divises  (vie laptop-tablet n visa versa )

#4 Demondim

Demondim
  • – Head of Bless Online Chapter –

• 938 posts
  • Short Name:Dave

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:49 pm

I spent several weeks looking at tablet reviews, specs, etc., etc.

In the end I went for the Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 2 10.1" (link below)

Great price, great screen, actually, I can't fault it at all.

http://www.ebuyer.co...t-pc-cycvoy2101

Posted Image

#5 lunarwolf79

lunarwolf79
  • [DkR] Clan Member (Inactive)
  • 4 posts
  • Short Name:Adam

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:31 pm

If its any help I got a Nexus-7 just before I went abroad at the beginning of October.

Found it incredibly good value for the £179 I paid for it (I believe its gone down to £159 now), but ummed-and-aahed between the 7 and 10 for quite some time.  In the end I went for the Nexus7 32gig version because I wanted a tablet I could use for reading pdfs and writing.  

In short it has turned out to be perfect for me.  I found the 10 a bit too big (I had a laptop for that) whereas the 7 screen was big enough to play games (it has a quad-core Tegra 3 processor) and also to watch films/tv shows (something I didn't intend to do with it but it was just too damn convenient not to!).

It comes with the latest Android Jellybean OS and as an added unforeseen bonus when I logged into google it synced with my Phone (a Samsung S3) and suddenly I had all my apps from my phone on there.

My brother recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 which he really, really likes but when I tried that against my N7 it seemed a little slow. 

It depends what you really want it to do, but it plays games very well indeed (here is GTA Vice City on it for example  ) and has pretty impressive sound quality too (I watch a fair amount of Youtube and Netflix videos on it).

What I would say though is that I purchased mine just as the new "2013" version came out, so mine was the last of the older models.  If (and I don't know this for sure) the new model is better than the old it'll be pretty damn awesome, especially considering the only complaint I have for mine is a lack of SD compatibility (though I just link it up to my pc to port stuff across).

My one runs on Wifi and/or bluetooth which makes streaming stuff a breeze.  If I caught outside without connectivity (it doesn't have a 3G connection, only wifi/bluetooth) I simply plug my mobile into it and switch on Tethering or convert my phone into a portable wifi hotspot.

Hope some of this helps!

#6 spanxie

spanxie
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 727 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:42 am

Thanks for the help guys, So far the nexus is stil pushing out in front for my purchase :)

#7 Eridan

Eridan
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:12 am

On an n10 just now. Particularly good for comics cos of the massive screen resolution. E.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users