• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#17 shoogalumps

shoogalumps
  • [DkR] Clan Member (Inactive)
  • 98 posts
  • Short Name:Sean

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:23 pm

Yep, it has a few numpties in its ranks but so do all parties.  I am voting for them myself for a few simple reasons: their leader believes in his politics; they generally talk common sense and; probably most importantly, the establishment don't like them.

#18 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts
  • Short Name:Mike

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:22 pm

looks like the Scots will be free 0o

the poll im using is the poll at bookies  

#19 uTweaker

uTweaker
  • 746 posts
  • Short Name:Tweak

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:19 pm

I just think that i doesnt really matter if they are independent or not, we have no control over the decision, which ever side has the best marketing team (read biggest corporate backers) will most likely win, so the decision will already pretty much have been decided.

Tweak/0die
Member of ToG

#20 Darkademic

Darkademic
  • – Enigmatic Overlord –

• 4,971 posts
  • Short Name:Dark

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:45 pm

The people who end up running Scotland after a Yes vote will be at least as bad as those running the UK now (likely worse).

It's depressing how much the decision is being driven by propaganda and rhetoric rather than principles and facts.

darkademic_thin_sig.png
Рациональный разум. Военачальник Загадочных Призраков.

#21 Toglos

Toglos
  • Banned
  • 2,588 posts
  • Short Name:Tog

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:25 pm

The people who end up running Scotland after a Yes vote will be at least as bad as those running the UK now (likely worse).

It's depressing how much the decision is being driven by propaganda and rhetoric rather than principles and facts.

It certainly is. 'Tis a silly game.

Posted Image

#22 Bregor

Bregor
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 700 posts
  • Short Name:Bregor

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:41 pm

Oh come on, we all know it is all about them getting a chance to shout "FREEDOOOM!" :)

#23 Vistix

Vistix
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 485 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:03 pm

Oh come on, we all know it is all about them getting a chance to shout "FREEDOOOM!" :)

Rofl,

Even if the Scots will gain independance they still will have the same royal house. Are they still a dominion then? I would say if your doing it take it all the way and become a republic. Or pick some silly German noble and make that your king like the Belgians and Luxembourg.

#24 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:49 pm

if they vote yes and go with the euro then that will be a epic flank by Brussels ! and the bookys will owe me 40 quid ^^

#25 Monkeypooh

Monkeypooh
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 649 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:04 pm

with the less than true offer of devo max, if u say no, then i am all in favour of scotland saying yes...btw what passport will u use to visit other countries ...

#26 axislip

axislip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:15 am

Very exciting time here In Scotland. The campaign of fear has claimed quite a substantial amount of people so far. I love every country within the UK and although I'm voting Yes it is not for selfish reasons. I believe that in the event of a yes vote it will allow our brothers in the south as well as northern Ireland to tackle the government head on about foodbanks and general distribution of wealth in the country. It would allow English people to vote on English policies.

What has been witnessed here with T.V. footage being edited and press propaganda has really opened a lot of peoples eyes to the amount of lies spewed out from westminster. The tactics are very similar to the ones used by the Canadian government in Quebec and has caused social unrest in the region for years. I can't even begin to explain the sexist better together campaign which depicts Scottish women as dumb house wives who when faced with uncertainty should vote no because reading up on policies is too much hard work and they should just get back to work in the kitchen.

My hopes for this is a yes vote whilst keeping a currency union and EU membership to allow my friends and family to remain living and working within Scotland without any bother.

On the lighter note my mum Is English and I will most likely pretend that she is getting deported just for a laugh

#27 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:52 pm

i think the scots should have the the chance to  fook there own country up just like gordan brown fucked our country up

#28 Rob

Rob
  • – Community Overseer –

• 962 posts
  • Short Name:Rob

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:35 pm

What's the point in a referendum where the only thing they are presented with is lies and exaggerations from both sides. Surely there should be a concrete plan in place before the fate of an entire nation is placed in the hands of people who don't even understand what they are voting for. No one in Scotland knows what their country will look like in 5 years time - it could be great, or it could backfire and turn into a huge mess. No wonder all the big corps want to move out, that sort of risk is unheard of.

Edited by Rob, 17 September 2014 - 09:37 pm.

#29 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:33 pm

well if its yes then cameron has got shot of 42 labour mps can blame any crash on the scots and not the excessive debt created from a corrupt banking system and gain parity with the euro for the upcoming referendum 

some ppl are saying that his cocked up maybe its goin to plan ^^

#30 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:47 pm

all done now good luck Scotland 

if the no wins you will have to let us English shag your brides to be for upsetting London bankers   :w00t:

#31 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:10 am

ahh well better luck in 25 yrs interesting to see 18 to 24 voted no 

looks like the uncertainty on free tuition and pensions swayed it 

#32 axislip

axislip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:40 pm

It was actually the over 65's which screwed us. With a previous labour member saying how disgusted they were that his party had been calling pensioners and telling them they would lose their pension if they voted yes. There is a huge amount of dirty tactics used in the no campaign which are beginning to come to light, some were already known before the vote. try 2yrs time not 25yrs, due to salmond stepping down the new snp leader is not bound by the edinburgh agreement. there is already backlash after the actions of westminster afterwards, broken promises leads straight to another referendum. 

Alba gu bràth

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users