38 replies to this topic

#33 Darkademic

Darkademic
  • – Enigmatic Overlord –

• 4,971 posts
  • Short Name:Dark

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:48 pm

All very good points.

I guess I was just saying that that while Arenanet said that the "holy trinity" was completely gone in Guild Wars 2 (which is something fans have been vapidly lording over other games), it's really still in Guild Wars 2, only this time with a lot more flexibility and a little less structure.

Haha, actually, I find all of this really hard to discuss with you guys, as you are all so nice and fair - from my experience, so many Guild Wars fans are trolls, as they think that the different direction Guild Wars 2 is taking makes Guild Wars (and themselves) better than everything else. Discussing on the "Eat The Carrot" article was a pleasant surprise, as I had been expecting to be flamed, and since coming here, I've continued to be pleasantly surprised by the mature and informed comments, so I guess I wanted to thank you all for being so awesome. :)

Haha, as long as you don't start advocating communism, it should remain that way. ;)

darkademic_thin_sig.png
Рациональный разум. Военачальник Загадочных Призраков.

#34 years1hundred

years1hundred
  • [DkR] Clan Member (Inactive)
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:51 pm

Haha, as long as you don't start advocating communism, it should remain that way. ;)

Lol, no worries there. :)

#35 CdV Jesus

CdV Jesus
  • Forum Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:55 pm

Just thought about it: Controls in combat! Movement WASD, ok. Aiming with the mouse, ok. Hotkeys for the skills, doh, I think I miss a hand. Since ANet claims combat to be very dynamic you should have hands to press all at the same time. Maybe you just have to have a mouse with enough progammable keys to use WASD from the mouse or do you have other suggestions, I'm eager to hear and learn.

#36 Apolon

Apolon
  • 724 posts
  • Short Name:Apo

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:14 pm

Tbh i saw that postoff yours Dark on some show for GW2icant rememberthe name... that's how i got here .. its something that all mmo player should read... GREAT WORK GL.. igotmeon that :D

Posted Image

Ranger in the original meaning of the word designates a person who is specially trained to traverse rough terrain,and who possesses the according survival skills to live in the wilderness for a prolonged amount of time.

#37 joe

joe
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:54 am

I enjoyed reading that article and all the replies to it. My only experience that I can relate to end game content is when I played 'Rift'; the mechanics were that rifts appear of various sizes and you have to destroy them, some took upto two hours and had in excess of 100 plus people playing. In the end it became repetitious though, they then introduced raids.

#38 Apolon

Apolon
  • 724 posts
  • Short Name:Apo

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:17 pm

Well PvE he something similar butits scale with more ppl ...

P.S. and yeah Arenanet say that end game begins after lvl 10... :D

Edited by Apolon, 22 March 2012 - 01:18 pm.

Posted Image

Ranger in the original meaning of the word designates a person who is specially trained to traverse rough terrain,and who possesses the according survival skills to live in the wilderness for a prolonged amount of time.

#39 Bibidiboo

Bibidiboo
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 768 posts
  • Short Name:Bib

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:37 pm

Just thought about it: Controls in combat! Movement WASD, ok. Aiming with the mouse, ok. Hotkeys for the skills, doh, I think I miss a hand. Since ANet claims combat to be very dynamic you should have hands to press all at the same time. Maybe you just have to have a mouse with enough progammable keys to use WASD from the mouse or do you have other suggestions, I'm eager to hear and learn.

don't worry you'll learn :) 1 Hand for mouse, 1 for wasd+skills!

I once played a game where I had to press around 10 buttons per second with one hand, wasd+ 1-10 + shift + ctrl + alt.. it's possible!
Fifty shades of Bibidiboo..?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users