• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#33 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts
  • Short Name:Mike

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:56 pm

trust me take away the ability for some chav to have a 40" tv and they will just burgle someone else's look at the stats over the last 20 yrs

so let me get this straight an inefficient public sector borrows money to itself so it can continue to be inefficient and yet you wonder why the debt only goes up ?

its a Ponzi  and has been for the last 60 yrs but like all Ponzi's its the poor fools at the bottom of the pyramid that will get shafted

edit my opinion is the best for us at the moment is a tory ukip coalition

Edited by mixe, 22 April 2015 - 07:59 pm.

#34 RichEdmonds

RichEdmonds
  • [DkR] Clan Member (Inactive)
  • 173 posts
  • Short Name:Rich

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:57 pm

Sorta on topic, this gave me a chuckle in work:

http://www.theguardi...ace-immigration

Particularly:

My goodness, that publication...

Kind regards,
Rich Edmonds

#35 Azerra

Azerra
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 639 posts
  • Short Name:Az

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:05 pm

My goodness, that publication...

Wait, I know how to restore balance!

http://www.dailymail...s-Facebook.html

Edit, or something more relevant to the topic: http://www.dailymail...-Europeans.html

Edited by Azerra, 22 April 2015 - 08:06 pm.

#36 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:15 pm

so he prefers Indian migrants over eastern Europeans ^^

also one of the 1st moves used to take over a country is to undermine its law

Europe is not about the expansion of common markets its about the expansion of power

#37 Monkeypooh

Monkeypooh
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 649 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:43 pm

POWER TO THE PEOPLE ....will be voting for the Tooting Popular Front.

#38 RichEdmonds

RichEdmonds
  • [DkR] Clan Member (Inactive)
  • 173 posts
  • Short Name:Rich

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:48 am

Wait, I know how to restore balance!

http://www.dailymail...s-Facebook.html

Edit, or something more relevant to the topic: http://www.dailymail...-Europeans.html

Heh, The Guardian and Daily Mail are the press equivalent of a sound marriage. That said, I don't really see anything wrong with what Farage said in the interview to be honest.

Edited by RichEdmonds, 23 April 2015 - 09:54 am.

Kind regards,
Rich Edmonds

#39 ShaLLByte

ShaLLByte
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:47 pm

Hey guys

I think the interview with Farage was a disgrace by the BBC. In the 30 minutes he was interviewed 3 minutes was about their latest manifesto. The rest of the time was spent trying to talk over him, bringing up comments made years ago and trying to catch him out on stupid things by putting words in his mouth and taking what he has said out of context.

I am not going to vote out of principle (and I never have) - I don't agree with any of them so voting for one means that i condone their lies. I would consider voting when a politician can answer a question with a yes or no answer and not spout lies all of the time while slagging off every other party. It would be interesting to see what each party achives in their manifesto while they are in power.

At this moment in time if you put a gun to my head and forced me to vote it would be for UKIP. I think the media and people in government are running scared and a lot of the bad stuff you hear about them is taken out of context to try and make them look bad.

ShaLLByte

#40 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:01 pm

also on prison numbers 10000 extra foreigners  in uk jails from late 90s is a stat I just looked at

so the strain on the prisons is from the 14% extra work made by tony blair  

Edited by mixe, 23 April 2015 - 06:01 pm.

#41 Chuey

Chuey
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:45 pm

The rest of the time was spent trying to talk over him, bringing up comments made years ago and trying to catch him out on stupid things by putting words in his mouth and taking what he has said out of context.

That does seem to be the common tactic these days, media outlets are more interested in making their own headlines, just cause Paxman made a career out of it and now everyone is getting in on the act. It's getting annoying tbh, it's bad enough politicians not giving direct answers you've got the interviewer talking over them and not letting them finish a sentence.

#42 Rylanor

Rylanor
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 442 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:59 pm

The thing with poor people on benefits having nice things and choosing where to spend their money... some people, maybe not all, do save up for things they really want yet they're judged as soon as they have anything that isn't cheap crap. It's a pretty cruel and grim childhood to never have any presents, though I do think a lot of people just need to learn to keep their legs crossed if they go and keep having them when they know they're poor, but again that's easy for me to say as a fairly educated person. Also, not everyone can get back into work. Some people cannot improve their health enough.

Necromancers do it in death shroud.

#43 Salamol

Salamol
  • – BDO Lieutenant –

• 454 posts
  • Short Name:Sal

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:37 am

The thing with poor people on benefits having nice things and choosing where to spend their money... some people, maybe not all, do save up for things they really want yet they're judged as soon as they have anything that isn't cheap crap. It's a pretty cruel and grim childhood to never have any presents, though I do think a lot of people just need to learn to keep their legs crossed if they go and keep having them when they know they're poor, but again that's easy for me to say as a fairly educated person. Also, not everyone can get back into work. Some people cannot improve their health enough.

It's always a tough subject to approach. There's a natural inclination amongst the "working poor" to feel anger towards the "benefit scroungers" who have "better" things without ever working. The TV rhetoric is a popular one, but how much does a big TV REALLY cost? Couple of weeks work at minimum wage would more than cover it, and you're set for the next 5 years. Yet, whenever someone looks through your window and sees a big TV over those 5 years whilst perhaps you're not working... suddenly benefits are too damn high.

To address kids... there's not much that can be done aside from the unthinkable sterilisation when you hit an out-of-work-for-so-long target. Any financial action taken will affect the child, it's not the child's fault. If you drop payments further it might encourage some people to make different life choices, but it's the kids that'd suffer most. And to be honest, we have an aging population and a rapidly falling birth rate ( http://www.ons.gov.u...wales-2013.html ), we need workers for the future to prop up pensions ( http://www.parliamen...ing-population/ ), especially if we're closing the door to immigrants (26.5% of all live births were to immigrant mothers in 2013).

One would think, given these figures, the media wouldn't build up vitriol towards young women on benefits having children... The upper classes will always aim to have us pointing the finger at each other so that we turn a blind eye to the real issues.

SalamolBanner.png

#44 Rylanor

Rylanor
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 442 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:04 am

Yes, essentially what you said. All makes sense.

#45 Salamol

Salamol
  • – BDO Lieutenant –

• 454 posts
  • Short Name:Sal

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:06 pm

Diverting the topic slightly...

In the past couple of weeks my local BBC Radio station has held debates for each consistency (like the tv ones) with the local candidates. Not sure about anyone else, but I don't really know who my local ones are, so I found it pretty enlightening.

SalamolBanner.png

#46 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:58 am

aging population and rapidly falling birth rate and yet the overall population of this country is ballooning looks like black is white again just to suet an argument  

and don't even get me started on the over crowded class rooms

#47 Rylanor

Rylanor
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 442 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:28 pm

The birthrate's falling? Non-British-born families have been having tons of kids for years, that's why classrooms are full especially in London. It shows in the kids' behaviour too, they don't get enough positive attention, too many parents have no idea what to do beyond ignore, hit or yell (but don't get me going on that).

#48 Toglos

Toglos
  • Banned
  • 2,588 posts
  • Short Name:Tog

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:12 am

I'm voting green just to piss Dark off.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users