Photo

Weird phone call from Indonesia (idk any indonesians)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ryaaf

Ryaaf
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 118 posts
  • Short Name:Rad

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:40 pm

So,

Today i was chilling in my bed (as i have a antibiotics-treated-in-progress flu), when i get a call, with the default ringtone - so i knew that was not someone in my groups of contacts calling.

I look on the phone screen and i see a endless string of numbers, but i decide to answer, because i was thinking - it could be my cousin or a friend (i live in a port city and many men here are navigators that sail, sometimes at very long distances from home).

Before i can slide to answer, the ring stops.

I try to call back, but, for the first time ever with this cell phone operator i get the error "Phone call restricted" or something like that... hmm...

After i take out the country prefix and do a google search on the number it seems it belongs to a business in Indonesia, specifically Jakarta - that sells used copy machines lols....

"Snap" i think then, i know where this is coming from!

The day before i registered a very desirable item on ebay (officially launched only last month, a high-end electronic device, i won't say more as i don't want ppl to think i advertise here), and i registered it with the lowest ebay.uk price.

Of course, i think this may have upset other people that sell for over-charged prices (i sell below Amazon price for example), especially the guy i "undercut" by 2 gbps :)

That guy is located in Sri Lanka (also S-E Asia i would think).

How did he get my number ? Well, the listed copy machine was on Indonesian OLX, a classified ads circle of sites, and i have the item also listed on OLX.Ro (the Romanian variant); luckily for me, my real name and address do not appear either on olx or ebay, just the untraceable phone number :)

That must of pissed him off so he decided to show me his anger, but hang up at the last moment - AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT I THINK happened.

Feel free to discuss :)

#2 Azerra

Azerra
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 639 posts
  • Short Name:Az

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:57 pm

I thought you couldn't treat a flu with antibiotics as it's a virus? Hope you get better soon.

#3 Ryaaf

Ryaaf
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:07 pm

I think the doctor prescribed the antibiotics because when using the stethoscope on my back he heard some out-of-place pulmonary sounds; flu, cold, idk exactly how to name it :)

Anyway, the antibiotics and the (ton of) other meds worked wonders, I'm close to healed status now.

#4 Samiri

Samiri
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 293 posts
  • Short Name:Foxy

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:52 am

Be carfull with taking to many anti boitics, if you get immune to it your fucked when you get older.

BasedgamerLOGO.jpg

Check out Kitty's Game Corner on Youtube or Facebook

#5 Blackwing

Blackwing
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:10 pm

What Samiri said!

#6 Ryaaf

Ryaaf
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:34 pm

Hehe ty for the advice, but his prescription his responsability i guess :) but wait, my body....so yea, haha!

#7 Ryaaf

Ryaaf
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:20 am

And today the phone rang again, same number, same 2-second duration ring ... idk if to say lol or get worried ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users