• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Toglos

Toglos
  • Banned
  • 2,588 posts
  • Short Name:Tog

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:06 am

The terrain on which opinions are formed, are changing very, very fast. I'd been banging on about this for a while now, and almost wish I wasn't so selfish to start developing it. But honestly it out weighs my intelligence. It's just and idea for something people could use in communities (big and small) to debate, vote and decide on specific policies, opposed to what we have as government at the moment. It would be a brainstorm site, forever changing and developing through active community, with everything from news, to problems in economics, military, nhs, education, and really it would be about engaging people in government.   The reputation would gain, depending how involved you were, and by popular voting, likes etc, would give your vote on larger debates more value, than a vote from someone who hasn't been engaged with it. - chill it's an idea. The constitution would need to be modernised, to fit the requirements of the people, as we couldn't rely on just populist voting. I hope I kind of make sense, It's pretty fresh so i'd really enjoy reading what you thought, and what problems you could see with it, benefits, or links to people and organisations that already have similarities set up in business or politics. 

To have a vision is nothing more than your intuition speaking loud enough for you to actually hear; the misfortune is so many ignore the message. When your intuition speaks you should never disallow the direction it’s trying to steer you for allowing the inevitable to happen will surely be the best path of your life and to ignore will most defiantly keep you from reaching your full potential and you ultimate destiny.

The digital revolution has deepened the crisis within representative democracy. But as it forces its demise, it might also dictate its future. Traditional representative democracy within nations is no longer enough. People want more participation and collaboration with their government. I believe that voting is the first act of building a community and a good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. When you make the right decision, it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks. Voting is a right best exercised by people who have taken time to learn about the issues. It is an opinion about man and why men are on the world.

We need a greening of globalisation, while promising sameness through brand-name consumption, was fostering, through uneven economic growth, an intense feeling of difference. The pace of globalisation has surpassed the capacity of the system to adjust to new realities of a more interdependent and integrated world. If we were to understand each other better in our soul, it would be easier to overcome the economic and political barriers. We have to understand that our neighbour is, in the end, just like us, with the same problems, the same questions.

We should have a State in which we could live and breathe as free people, and which we could develop according to our own lights and culture and where principles of social justice could find free play. A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people. As it is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. At the heart of globalisation is a new kind of intolerance towards other cultures, traditions and values, less brutal than in the era of colonialism, but more comprehensive and totalitarian.

It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can be made any longer without taking into account not only the world as it is, but the world as it will be, and the best way to predict the future, is to create it.

Let us mobilise all our resources in a systematic and organised way and tackle the grave issues that confront us with grim determination and discipline worthy of the worlds people, and earth itself.

Posted Image

#2 Wookybear

Wookybear
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,386 posts
  • Short Name:Wooky

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:09 am

"Calm the chaos and listen to your magical future"

bzTsWyk.png

#3 Aumento

Aumento
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 606 posts
  • Short Name:James

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:20 am

Would there not be an issue with large corporations etc engaging 'bots' or buying off peoples profiles so they can have more input?  Would have to be pretty robust security and monitoring wise.  Good idea in principle. 

The masses certainly need engaging how that is done is the difficult question

#4 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts
  • Short Name:Mike

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:51 am

internet voting the dision revewd by a royal councel then implementid by goverment  job done

#5 Salamol

Salamol
  • – BDO Lieutenant –

• 454 posts
  • Short Name:Sal

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:58 am

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are proposing.

SalamolBanner.png

#6 Darkademic

Darkademic
  • – Enigmatic Overlord –

• 4,971 posts
  • Short Name:Dark

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:26 am

New ways to vote aren't going to magically make everyone have great political ideas. The means by which decisions are made or debated is only a small part of the problem. People's actual ideas are what matter, and changing the ideas of entire nations is a very gradual process, and for which the tools are already available.

darkademic_thin_sig.png
Рациональный разум. Военачальник Загадочных Призраков.

#7 Wookybear

Wookybear
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,386 posts
  • Short Name:Wooky

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:28 am

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are proposing.

Its mostly a selection of copy pasta while under the effects of really good drugs.

bzTsWyk.png

#8 Toglos

Toglos
  • Banned
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:17 pm

Did I say magical?

New ways to vote aren't going to magically make everyone have great political ideas. The means by which decisions are made or debated is only a small part of the problem. People's actual ideas are what matter, and changing the ideas of entire nations is a very gradual process, and for which the tools are already available.

I know, I'm not under any influence.

Posted Image

#9 Toglos

Toglos
  • Banned
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:41 pm

Would there not be an issue with large corporations etc engaging 'bots' or buying off peoples profiles so they can have more input?  Would have to be pretty robust security and monitoring wise.  Good idea in principle. 

The masses certainly need engaging how that is done is the difficult question

I hadn't thought of that.
The masses are gradually being engaged.

"Calm the chaos and listen to your magical future"

Brainy quotes, it's the the best way of truthfully saying what's on my mind, from others than myself.
I'm not smart enough alone.
There's a vast amount of thought process, and information to deal with alone.

internet voting the dision revewd by a royal councel then implementid by goverment  job done

I don't understand what you mean... please elaborate mixe.

Posted Image

#10 Toglos

Toglos
  • Banned
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:58 pm

https://www.ted.com/talks/pia_mancini_how_to_upgrade_democracy_for_the_internet_era?language=en

https://voteflux.org/

I just like the idea.

Posted Image

#11 Monkeypooh

Monkeypooh
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 649 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:54 am

FREE WILL and manipulation ...The reputation would gain, depending how involved you were, and by popular voting, likes etc, would give your vote on larger debates more value, than a vote from a [ none aryan ?] .... sorry tog just took it to a logical conslusion ...to be engaged is often just a question of living day to day .....and to miss quote tricky dicky, the silent majoity will have its day ...

btw cant wait till we get back to the free love bit of the sixites again 

#12 Toglos

Toglos
  • Banned
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:09 pm

Yeah, it's a lot slower than I first thought.

FREE WILL and manipulation ...The reputation would gain, depending how involved you were, and by popular voting, likes etc, would give your vote on larger debates more value, than a vote from a [ none aryan ?] .... sorry tog just took it to a logical conslusion ...to be engaged is often just a question of living day to day .....and to miss quote tricky dicky, the silent majoity will have its day ...

btw cant wait till we get back to the free love bit of the sixites again 

Thanks. Yeah, I just wanted to put my head somewhere.

The sixties are a long way off, sadly. :(

Edited by Toglos, 02 March 2017 - 10:10 pm.

Posted Image

#13 Monkeypooh

Monkeypooh
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 649 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:34 pm

hiay tog ...some points for thoughts ..if we accept that all govenment is a form of dictatorship then a benign one is best to have ...part of achieving this is have a illusion of change and a illusion of control for the ruled  population....atm in the uk we have a elected primary legislator from which the ruling govenerment is slected, and a secondary house to act as a  check on the primary legislative. Sadly the second house is not representiative in having a body made from or inherited or appointed members ...my suggestion is to alter the seconday body and have a random selection of members based only on ones ablilty to vote in the primary house elections ...keep it gender balanced and serving only a 5 year term, as at present and with the title Lord or Lady ..

now i am looking forward to natiional lottery lords/ladies day .....

#14 Toglos

Toglos
  • Banned
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:43 pm

that is non sense, the house of lords is a safety net, in that, should a goverment, try to impose it's will on the public in general, the lords have the power to defeat that bill therefore preventing un-safe legislation from being past, and become inlaw, they can do that directly or in directly. 

Charles the firsts head.

i'll stand up and fight against anybody for democracy. 

grit one's teeth

Posted Image

#15 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:01 pm

hiay tog ...some points for thoughts ..if we accept that all govenment is a form of dictatorship then a benign one is best to have ...part of achieving this is have a illusion of change and a illusion of control for the ruled  population....atm in the uk we have a elected primary legislator from which the ruling govenerment is slected, and a secondary house to act as a  check on the primary legislative. Sadly the second house is not representiative in having a body made from or inherited or appointed members ...my suggestion is to alter the seconday body and have a random selection of members based only on ones ablilty to vote in the primary house elections ...keep it gender balanced and serving only a 5 year term, as at present and with the title Lord or Lady ..

now i am looking forward to natiional lottery lords/ladies day .....

isn't that the eu way of doing it ?

better to have individuals selected on merit from different sectors

basically same as what it is now minus the cronyism

#16 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:05 pm

that is non sense, the house of lords is a safety net, in that, should a goverment, try to impose it's will on the public in general, the lords have the power to defeat that bill therefore preventing un-safe legislation from being past, and become inlaw, they can do that directly or in directly. 

Charles the firsts head.

i'll stand up and fight against anybody for democracy. 

grit one's teeth

define safe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users