Photo

Need help reuniting someone close to me with their stolen pet.

pet dog stolen

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Devlin1991

Devlin1991
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 987 posts
  • Short Name:Devlin

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:22 pm

I'm not one to ask for assistance as some of you know, but I could really use help from this community. I'm was already in a bit of tight financial situation due to business costs and handing my emigration to California when I had this bombshell dropped on me so I am doing everything I can to help reunite someone very close to me with their stolen pet, I'm already $1200 deep on this due to personal investigator fees and travel costs and now it's looking like we'll have to pay a lawyer and go through the courts as the local police department where this is happened are pretty indifferent as it's a high crime area so thefts are low on their list I think. I'm not asking for financial contributions from you, I know everyone had their own personal circumstances, but if you could share the campaign link around to get enough eyes on it that the small donations add up to at least what we need to get the ball rolling without bankrupting ourselves I would be eternally grateful.

https://www.gofundme...n-dog-back-home

21310548_1497908599.7107.jpg

Edited by Devlin1991, 21 June 2017 - 07:22 pm.

#2 Conda

Conda
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 841 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:06 pm

Sorry to hear this mate, ill share this on facebook and contribute some myself. I hope this all works out and good luck with your relocation. Are you heading over there for work?

Previously known as Demise.

#3 Devlin1991

Devlin1991
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 987 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:40 pm

Sorry to hear this mate, ill share this on facebook and contribute some myself. I hope this all works out and good luck with your relocation. Are you heading over there for work?

Really appreciate it! Moving over for love <3 Married an American. I have a job offer ready for when I can work over there so the transition won't be bad but it takes 8-10 months to get a green card so until December I'm spending part of the time in the UK and part of it with her in the US, flying every 2 months is expensive. I am pretty much paycheck to paycheck right now, so this legal battle came at the worst possible time

#4 Conda

Conda
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:08 am

Really appreciate it! Moving over for love <3 Married an American. I have a job offer ready for when I can work over there so the transition won't be bad but it takes 8-10 months to get a green card so until December I'm spending part of the time in the UK and part of it with her in the US, flying every 2 months is expensive. I am pretty much paycheck to paycheck right now, so this legal battle came at the worst possible time

That's terrible that it would come at this time but happy to hear you got married, congratulations! You still involved with the games industry? Good luck with it all, losing a pet is terrible as they are part of the family, must be even worse when you know they are out there but can't see them.

Previously known as Demise.

#5 Devlin1991

Devlin1991
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 987 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:36 pm

That's terrible that it would come at this time but happy to hear you got married, congratulations! You still involved with the games industry? Good luck with it all, losing a pet is terrible as they are part of the family, must be even worse when you know they are out there but can't see them.

Thanks for the words of support. I work in software now but it's a VR browser/game-engine, http://www.JanusVR.com

#6 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts
  • Short Name:Mike

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:40 pm

maybe you just need to let it go

think of it like this if you haven't got the 600 to get the dog back then you probably haven't got enough for the insurance / vet fees and that breed can be exspensive

I would look for assurances' from the new owner that the above is sorted and then say good by as it would be the best for the dog

#7 BradDaMan

BradDaMan
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 404 posts
  • Short Name:Brad

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:53 pm

maybe you just need to let it go

think of it like this if you haven't got the 600 to get the dog back then you probably haven't got enough for the insurance / vet fees and that breed can be exspensive

I would look for assurances' from the new owner that the above is sorted and then say good by as it would be the best for the dog

Dev is clearly asking for support, not advice. Go troll elsewhere.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you :D

#8 mixe

mixe
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 1,123 posts
  • Short Name:Mike

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:36 pm

dogs cost more than kids ! catarcts and back legs at around the 9 year mark on them and can also have skin probs so no its not troling its thinking about what is

best for the dog

looking at it any other way is just selfish which ironically is a trait you are quite fond of

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users