Photo

Pre-Purchase Countdown!!

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Are You Pre-Purchasing? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Are You Pre-Purchasing?

1. Hell Yeah! (35 votes [97.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 97.22%

2. No, I'll Pass. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Not Really Sure Yet. (1 votes [2.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#17 Ashqaz

Ashqaz
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 209 posts
  • Short Name:Ash

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:44 pm

I believe there will be a beta every weekend, but only one every month will be open for all those who pre-purchased. The other betas will have a subset of the people who have signed up for the betas (mostly different people each time).

I thought it said that you're in for every beta when you pre-purchase but still have a chance to get in if you don't pre-purchase ... and they have only announced around 1 per month

#18 Emmure

Emmure
  • [DkR] Clan Member (Inactive)
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:55 pm

I thought it said that you're in for every beta when you pre-purchase but still have a chance to get in if you don't pre-purchase ... and they have only announced around 1 per month

i hope for 2 beta's and then the release, cuz starting over everytime is really annoying.

00gb.png

#19 Rabar69

Rabar69
  • 411 posts
  • Short Name:Rab / James

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:59 pm

I believe there will be a beta every weekend, but only one every month will be open for all those who pre-purchased. The other betas will have a subset of the people who have signed up for the betas (mostly different people each time).

You might be onto something there :) You could be right indeed or maybe it might be other way round xD since as we have paid for beta aswell as the full game :D

Posted Image

#20 Maelis

Maelis
  • 66 posts
  • Short Name:Mae

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:03 pm

Pre-purchase does state access to all beta weekends, however for GW1 they had one per month for 6 months...

#21 Nvrdie

Nvrdie
  • 245 posts
  • Short Name:Never

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:04 pm

To CE or not to CE

that is the question

#22 Ashqaz

Ashqaz
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:14 pm

This is off their faq fount here
Is Pre-Purchase the only way to get into Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Events?
Pre-Purchase is the only guaranteed way to get into all Beta Weekend Events. We will also be running promotions for access to individual Beta Weekend Event

So from their faq there will be one per month and no others according to this

When do Beta Weekend Events (BWEs) start, and how many will there be?
The first BWE is currently planned for late April, and we expect to have one every month or so. The schedule is subject to change and will be confirmed at a later date. Currently, we do not know how many of these events we will have.

So looks like just 1p/m and no others

#23 Rabar69

Rabar69
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:26 pm

This is off their faq fount here
Is Pre-Purchase the only way to get into Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Events?
Pre-Purchase is the only guaranteed way to get into all Beta Weekend Events. We will also be running promotions for access to individual Beta Weekend Event

So from their faq there will be one per month and no others according to this

When do Beta Weekend Events (BWEs) start, and how many will there be?
The first BWE is currently planned for late April, and we expect to have one every month or so. The schedule is subject to change and will be confirmed at a later date. Currently, we do not know how many of these events we will have.

So looks like just 1p/m and no others

Great find mate!! I read somewhere they were launching a Beta weekend the weekend after pre-purchase date - Tuesday 10th April sooo it would be - Friday the 13th?? But they are saying late April.. the 13th is pretty much Mid Month :(

Posted Image

#24 Ashqaz

Ashqaz
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:28 pm

Yeah will prob be last weekend so that will be ummmmm *looks up on calendar* 27th ? or maybe 20th ?

#25 Rabar69

Rabar69
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:33 pm

Yeah will prob be last weekend so that will be ummmmm *looks up on calendar* 27th ? or maybe 20th ?

That sucks! We will get the game and then sit there staring at it wanting to play it. I'll be like a little girl :) screaming and shouting as its downloading haha!! xD

Can the Beta just come already!!! :(

Posted Image

#26 Ashqaz

Ashqaz
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:36 pm

Lol

That sucks! We will get the game and then sit there staring at it wanting to play it. I'll be like a little girl :) screaming and shouting as its downloading haha!! xD

Can the Beta just come already!!! :(

Lol not only that you'll be doing it once a month too haha

#27 Rabar69

Rabar69
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:38 pm

Awwwwwww!! I know ahahah!!

Posted Image

#28 CBAidenn

CBAidenn
  • 139 posts
  • Short Name:CB (See-Bee)

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:41 pm

HOLY SHIT I'm EXCITED!

#29 Rabar69

Rabar69
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:02 pm

AMAGAAAAAAD!!

Posted Image

#30 Doeke

Doeke
  • 469 posts
  • Short Name:Doeke

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:57 pm

To CE or not to CE

that is the question

I'm getting the standard digital edition. I don't care about one-time-use items and everyone will have that mini so there is no point in owning it. As for the elite, I doubt they'd make it strong enough to be important since there would be no other way to get it. Honestly, when I get things to show off I want to earn them through skill/dedication, not by spending more money. Besides, money saved by buying the standard edition can always be spent on the in-game store. :)

#31 Ashqaz

Ashqaz
  • [DkR] Clan Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:05 pm

I'm getting the standard digital edition. I don't care about one-time-use items and everyone will have that mini so there is no point in owning it. As for the elite, I doubt they'd make it strong enough to be important since there would be no other way to get it. Honestly, when I get things to show off I want to earn them through skill/dedication, not by spending more money. Besides, money saved by buying the standard edition can always be spent on the in-game store. :)

I agree with you here however I think that the influence boost could be very useful. That being said who knows how much of a boost that it could equate too ? it could be a boost of 100 or a percentage boost which would be of no use at the start as we will be starting with 0 influence and 100% of 0 would be a boost of 0 lol

edit: made it make sense :P

Edited by Ashqaz, 28 March 2012 - 07:06 pm.

#32 Nvrdie

Nvrdie
  • 245 posts
  • Short Name:Never

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:21 pm

Besides, money saved by buying the standard edition can always be spent on the in-game store. :)

I agree, I was gonna budget myself to £10 a month for the ingame store, (What a Sub would roughly cost)

Im considering the CE and a DD. Was gonna keep the CE mint. Prophices CE sell for alot of money on eBay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users